By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

Go to Wick's castle. ;D

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Spawn station is all fixed up. (I wanted to make the manual override send you to the stop from the old highway instead of on Sea & Sky Road, but after dicking around for way too long I failed to find a solution so I put it back the way I think it was before.)

I'm modernizing Pumpkin Freeway. I don't know how far along I am but I'd guess around halfway. Smooth as silk, just insert new boosters -- nothing needs to be changed in the function of the stops.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

thetonestarr said:

Go to Wick's castle. ;D

Indeed!

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

wick said:
thetonestarr said:

Go to Wick's castle. ;D

Indeed!

the horror .... every TMNT i lost on the NES has shown up in minecraft to hunt down my player and drag him to a death in electric seaweed by the damn …. nooo… i must retreat with my crew, hobojones and train him in the ways of the foot

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Pumpkin Freeway is up and running in totality, except for the link through Joe's Resort because he took out his little railway.

I'm gonna neaten up the boosters' power sources later.

The new projects are unbelievably HUGE. I'm in Castlelands now. Oh and Kojiiriin City seems to be approximately three billion miles away by rail.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

So what started out as a little quest to chop down some trees and collect sand for glass turned into an overwhelming hike around Dionne. I found a bunch of caverns, but by the end of the trip I was completely lost and wondering around the landscape and stumbled across a huge cavern that had water and lava near the surface. Sadly though with a full inventory of stuff, I accidentally fell into a deeper section so I had to warp out of there before I lost my bounty from the trip.

For cleaning up your rails' power sources, there are two good, simple options. Either put detector rails directly before the booster rails (it'll power them just long enough to boost over them), or dig out under them and put a redstone torch directly below them (two blocks down, one block between the torch and rails).

As it is now, it's too easy to disable a set of boosters.

And yes, it DOES seem an eternity away by rail. That's why I've been at work making it seem more interesting a ride.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
For cleaning up your rails' power sources, there are two good, simple options. Either put detector rails directly before the booster rails (it'll power them just long enough to boost over them), or dig out under them and put a redstone torch directly below them (two blocks down, one block between the torch and rails).

As it is now, it's too easy to disable a set of boosters.

And yes, it DOES seem an eternity away by rail. That's why I've been at work making it seem more interesting a ride.

i thought the detector rail then power rail caused a server crash bug or has that been fixed?

AFAIK it's never caused that. But even so, that setup (1) is the most common usage OF detector rails, and (2) is how I've had my railways working since they very first introduced the new rails.

SW-5120-1900-6153

there are bad storms in my area, if the power goes the ups can hold up for about 45 min just an fyi