By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

world back up was not as bad damage as i was lead to believe, i do not think we lost anything. there was a back up 5 min before the issue, not sure what triggered some of it still but go light on world edit.

i will be tracking last nights bug in more detail as i go over logs after i get up today

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

I just checked my city, and the only thing I did yesterday looks to be okay. I can't be certain because I don't have flymod installed on my work PC (heck, I don't really even use my work PC to play because (1) I'm not supposed to, and (2) it's hardly playable on it), so I can't properly check the top of the building to see if anything got messed up.

The supermods were only supermods for the time being to catch up on things, so it's probably okay that they be taken back to regular mods. As I said before, that promotion is typically only supposed to be temporary right now, until/unless we get a lot of users on a regular basis.

I also have some plans for accommodating larger numbers of players, for when that possibly comes. What I mean is that spawn is basically packed full, and it takes a while from there to get to places where people can do what they want. I have some ideas for dealing with that situation. You'll be hearing these ideas once I smooth out the kinks.

SW-5120-1900-6153

More announcements regarding Minecraft 1.8!

Possible increase in height restrictions! And if you look at the GUI section at the bottom, it seems they're working out a whole new way of working with armor and health as well. What are those hams about?

And it looks like we're going to be able to cook chickens now.

Lastly, they're coming out with a new Minecraft launcher. It's in beta testing right now, but you can get in on that here http://launch.minecraft.net/test.html

SW-5120-1900-6153

anybody who has a phone that can scan QR codes, scan this:

I love it.

SW-5120-1900-6153

New update looks cool.

So with the server,  there are large areas where somebody (or a group) could go and just do survival stuff? Like whole other 'worlds' so to speak in the server?

I haven't had much of a chance to explore online or even play the game this week.

Around the Network

No, we don't have anywhere designed specifically for survival. But the way the game works, you can just exit developed areas and you'll always be able to find fresh, undeveloped areas that, for all intents and purposes, are survival-only (until they GET developed).

Nobody on the server concentrates on doing survival activities though.

SW-5120-1900-6153

IllegalPaladin said:

New update looks cool.

So with the server,  there are large areas where somebody (or a group) could go and just do survival stuff? Like whole other 'worlds' so to speak in the server?

I haven't had much of a chance to explore online or even play the game this week.

we do seem to have some people doing survival intermittenly to the east, they keep traveling that way and die every now and then.... and im going to focus on that once my arear is finnished back off, aka spider proofed.

i enjoyed the last time i wondered around and had to take refuge at night.

soon there should be other worlds reachable form the main world, however in the short term if you want to just explore prue survival try hansrotech.dyndns.org:25563 joe is the only one building there and nightfall will come and stay... you could try on 25568 but thats a bit more built up

welcome to the server

also meatwad FTW

I get such a kick out of meatwad being portrayed as a child from getting in trouble for swearing to wearing pajamas.

IllegalPaladin said:

I get such a kick out of meatwad being portrayed as a child from getting in trouble for swearing to wearing pajamas.

all i can think is poor santa clause  ……

I've begun work on creating two new nations in our world.

Our server's original nation, which is as-of-yet unnamed, is centered around Spawn Island.

Far to the north, there exists Dionne, the first of the two nations. Dionne (pronounced "dee-own" - long e, long o) is a fledgeling land, small and humble but very welcoming to new visitors.

The Dionne transit center, with Dionne's own ancient Stargate in the background.

Dionne's first contruction, my beach cottage.

To reach Dionne, just hit /warp Dionne. It'll take you right there.

SW-5120-1900-6153