By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

I just noticed after a long Hiatus from Minecraft that it appears I've been banned from the server and I don't have any idea as to why?! This is very depressing as I wanted to start legit playing on the VGChartz server !_!

Around the Network

Haven't forgotten, just busy. Also, bump to keep in Forum Buddy.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Well thanks to tone suggesting I finish the castle I just had a good 9 hour session on the server...... Or should I say super-server. Damn that thing is quick now.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Built a titanic footbridge connecting my Spawn Island bridge clear to Kojiiriin City. It has a branch-off that leads down to the Spleef Stadium. It's pretty epic.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Necromunda said:
I just noticed after a long Hiatus from Minecraft that it appears I've been banned from the server and I don't have any idea as to why?! This is very depressing as I wanted to start legit playing on the VGChartz server !_!

ill check the logs and see what happend a few funky things have happened since the move and the power issues are complicating them

edit:  your free to get back on

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

bad news every one... i feel really bad about this i know there was awesome work going on last night.

we lost everything after 11pm the auto save at 4am never ran (it was the first bukkit auto save i had set up) the windows auto save at 11pm seems to have worked like a champ though. i could not recover with mcerror

i really hate to say beware, but until i have a ups (wednsday or thursday afternoon) anytime i loose power windows seven corrupts the map.... if you guys want i can throw it back no the old server till then. the old server dose not corrupt the map when it looses power. its just an 8 yearold computer at this point.

right now thursday night is the latest date for when protection will start  (including network gear) for short poweroutages.... depending on load between 3 min to 15 (the cpu dynamicaly scales and i could turn off the OC to give us more time.... ive O.C form 3.4 to 4.4... and really ive never seen minecraft use even one core fully most of the time the server hangs out at 1.6).

i will be enabling the auto shut down to protect the servers though where the ups will shut apps down when less then 1 minute of power is left.

again im very very sorry about this, i strive to have a dependable and stable gaming enviroment for my fellow vgcers, and the recent weather has been unprecedented

also sorry if this reads like jibberish im a bit beat right now

goddog said:
Necromunda said:

ill check the logs and see what happend a few funky things have happened since the move and the power issues are complicating them

Just tried to get on, still seems as if I'm banned :/

Necromunda said:
goddog said:
Necromunda said:

hmmmm, i may have to reboot the server then try again after 7pm est i should have it rebooted by then (backing up right now or id have already done it)

goddog said:
Necromunda said:
goddog said:
Necromunda said:

hmmmm, i may have to reboot the server then try again after 7pm est i should have it rebooted by then (backing up right now or id have already done it)

Fair enough, going to the movies in a bit anyways :) haha

NEW UPS has come in, sadly it will not be in use until AM tommorow it has to charge for 8 hours before first use. so after tommorw morning we will be protected form the bad power, as long as this ups works when i test it in the am.

also new fast backup is go! we now have a usb3 based backup with a sata6 7200 rpm drive the is swapable. the old solution usb2 and a 5400 rpm is retired ...