By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

I've built a nice little Spleefing arena near my place.

It's inside the silo.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network
wick said:

It's inside the silo.

man read my mind, one of my upcoming projects was spleefing  stadium

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

goddog said:
wick said:

It's inside the silo.

man read my mind, one of my upcoming projects was spleefing  stadium

The one I've built is only a small 2 player arena.

A big stadium would be cool.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

I noticed that a lot of fun things have been getting built since I started working on my fancy things. Looks like I'm gonna have to step it up a bit.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:

I noticed that a lot of fun things have been getting built since I started working on my fancy things. Looks like I'm gonna have to step it up a bit.

well that and general clean up projects. the last two weeks thats been my primary goal, one or two more things then back to building fun for me.... one day ill go back to work on my subway and attach all our projects to each other.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

GLORIOUS NEWS! 

I've been working on making an island farm for wheat and stuff, and I have finished basic construction and made a wheat section.  It has no grass so there aren't mobs mucking up the place, and the wheat farm is pretty good sized and optimized for easy harvesting and planting.  There's a building in one corner with an unfinished basement; currently that's the only entry point. 

I plan to add reeds and cactus later.  The island is near Ben's tower and Joe's obsidian palace, offshore.  (If you keep going that way you'll find my base.)  The farm is there for everyone -- if the wheat demand exceeds supply I'll expand that section.  Feel free to occupy that building; I made it with no particular purpose in mind. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Stargate finally complete! Once I got the last of the glowstone placed, the glass took off, and the water only took five minutes at most because I purposely want the water to be sporadic (it's the easiest way I can make it look "ripply" like a "real" Stargate).

Here are the shots:

using The Cel-Pak, during the day

using TCP at night

using the original texture pack, at night

SW-5120-1900-6153

Well shit -- now I feel like a fool being so proud of my tiny little 50x50 construction. 

Even so, who doesn't like free wheat?

I can't decide which way looks better -- the "letters" show up better in Cel, but the cobble looks more like the Stargate material in the original. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Oh man the Cel-Pak is YOURS?  I may have to actually try it out -- I've been content with the original so far. 

I like it a lot more. Everything is crisper and cleaner looking, and it gives a higher degree of visibility when you're down in dungeons/going about at night.

I'm working on one next that uses more "realistic" colours, then after that, I'm going to make a 64x64 version with smoother edges and cleaner designs.

And after all of that, I might switch it up and do something with LOTS of detail.

I rather enjoy making these. I tend to go through phases - when I get bored of building in-game, I start making texture packs. When I tire of that, I take it back to building. Et cetera.

SW-5120-1900-6153