By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

I think I'm finished with Minecraft for a while. I was playing it with my 5 year old on ps4 but the bugs are getting to me. Last thing we did was defeat the ender dragon, pretty anti climatic after all the cluster fucks to get there.

First of all grats to the game for making me brush up on algebra to find the end portal. Taking 2 measurements 1000 meters apart with the eye of ender to get two vectors, calculate the intersection, and I was practically on top of it although it was over 3 maps away.

Then the trouble started. The fortess containing the end portal was a mess of floating walls, doorways and missing floors. Apparently a chasm and an abandoned mineshaft had both gotten mixed up with the dungeon fortress leaving an ugly mess. Luckily the end portal has survived and wasn't too difficult to build a bridge to it.

Ofcourse not knowing what to expect my 5 year old walked of the platform as soon as we arrived in the end, since it apparently appears floating somewhere away from the island. Gone diamond armor, sword, enchanted bow etc. Luckily I still had a stack of stone on me, so I stuck my stuff in a chest on the platform, at the edge so my 5 year old wouldn't spawn inside it. While building a bridge he comes back, the game breaks my chest spewing most of my items over the edge.

We jumped out. 2 days later after mining for more diamonds and getting new equipment I was first doing semi suicide runs to get rid of the healing crystals. The dragon decides to chase me and starts flying through the ground, taking out my bridge and storage place... After repairing it all again, we zoned in, killed the dragon in 2 minutes by pumping arrows in it and that was it...

It was fun messing around with redstone, building an automated switching yard for my 5 mine cart lines going to the edges of the map. (Only completed two, map is huge on ps4) and some other fun things. Too bad clock circuits stall or burn out when you go too far away, breaking my flashing signals at midway junctions.

Our house

Minecart terminal

Some of the mess to make it work. The whole circuitry is larger in volume than the house. The main line loops around under the house where it splits into 3 more lines. Do not want a creeper in there. (or a 5 year old with a bucket of water)

Around the Network

That setup was pretty rocking man,

if your ever on the pc give nibiru a shot we welcome all. kinda makes me want to go back and work on finishing my revised automated gates ... i stopped durring the testing faze (started kerbal and WoT at that time ) I hope on from time to time to dink around and explore but all projects were on hold

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

IllegalPaladin said:
I need to hop onto Nibiru with MrFarr and just go exploring. On waterworld, I need to finish the last pieces of my large bridge, maybe find a new destination that would be suitable to start taking the bridge to. Though in all honesty, it's probably more of a waste of resources with how wide it is, but it's still fun to see it come together.

I sold my GTX 770 and I've fallen back on an older GPU while I wait for my GTX 970 to get here. For some reason, even though I selected 3 day shipping, it defaulted back to eggsaver while I was checking out and I didn't catch it. I'm thinking it would have been delivered today if that didn't happen.

thats sweet looking card based on reviews, holding onto my 7970 lightning (OC and watercooled) for a bit longer but those new ones were hard to turn down. i keep telling myself no new card till i buy a 4k monitor but it gets hard :P

I'm not quite serious enough about PC building to remember what video card I have. If I had more money to spend on it I might. All I know is that it's adequate for my current use but not for my future plans. =p

SW-5120-1900-6153

Apparently the 900's have some kind of driver issue or something with display port :/

I picked up a display port because my 970 only had one DVI, but it wont connect with my second monitor.

Luckily I have a DVI-HDMI connector so I could take the second monitor through HDMI.

Around the Network

they have that new display port, teething issues, sure a drive patch will fix it, its a big selling point over amd

just a heads up due to firmware updates on some network hardware, there will be down time between -Thursday night and Saturday in am

updates carried out and are done

update to 1.8.1

so a few notes... I know water world shows offline a lot right now, most of the time it is actually up, however it is related to a fault on the host ssd that causing the OS to hang more frequently due to this it is being moved to a new ssd. The OS will have a clean install at the same time expect a multi hour outage .... also I plan on getting nibiru moved to a new mod host to replace bukkit at the same time, that may take a bit longer but will be done before jan 10 barring any setbacks.

i also still dream of a plugin API

water world up on re-image nibiru will be up in a bit, still going to try and replace bukkit with the something new but might be next week happy holiday all