By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many shipped 360 are replacements due to ROD issues?

I was having a discussion with a friend, and we came up across this question.

What might be the real number for 360's out there if we rule out the replaced units? According to this destructoid article, 360 failure rate by April 2010 was 42%.

Vgchartz numbers have the 360 at 43.4 Million, but how many were replacement units due to the 42% failure rate?

We have to take in account that not every model got replaced because they were fixable, but:

" If you want an even more shameful statistic, 55% of those who suffered 360 failures have had to repair or replace their system more than once. " 

So afterall, not counting the replaced models, how high is the number for the 360 HW. Any guess? 

Around the Network

I wouldn't take a guess but one thing to conside, the higher the number of 360s that were replaced and not fixed the more impressive the attach ratio is. 

I'm  pretty sure but someone  correct me if I'm wrong... the replacements... like the one I got from Microsoft when I RROD in warranty... I don't think it counts towards the shipped number, because it was a refurbished unit... And it wasn't shipped to retailers. However, when it RROD again, and I bought a slim. that counts obv

could be wrong though. Someone with real evidence should post :P

0 the numbers reported are sold to retailers. 

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

This kind of rod issue? Probably more than any of us would like to believe.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:

0 the numbers reported are sold to retailers.

Source?

im pretty sure microsoft announced 2,562,361.74 are replacements

EDIT: heres link www.microsoft.com/en-us/Ginvestors/ULL2009-10/IvBq3LE

badgenome said:

This kind of rod issue? Probably more than any of us would like to believe.

LOL. I don't know if it is exactly of that king but it might be pretty similar lol.

sully1311 said: im pretty sure microsoft announced 2,562,361.74 are replacements     EDIT: heres link www.microsoft.com/en-us/Ginvestors/ULL2009-10/IvBq3LE

Broken link? that number seems way to low for such a massive failure rate the console has, according with the article... It might be higher.

EDIT: LOL, the post is in berserker mode? What happened lol

Mr.Metralha said:
sully1311 said:

im pretty sure microsoft announced 2,562,361.74 are replacements

EDIT: heres link www.microsoft.com/en-us/Ginvestors/ULL2009-10/IvBq3LE

Broken link?

that number seems way to low for such a massive failure rate the console has... It might be higher.

yeap, read the capitals in the url