By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many shipped 360 are replacements due to ROD issues?

There is no way to know the answer.  Any numbers would just be guesses.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:

0 the numbers reported are sold to retailers. 

Not here, we report the sell-through. The financials of the big 3 will report sold to retailers.

As for the number, I say don't worry about it. All of the systems could be argued for 'artificial inflation' for people upgrading, replacing broken units, etc. Sony fanboys try to spin 360 numbers to make the numbers closer, Nintendo fanboys spin them as the fewest oppotunities to upgrade, hence more unique sales, and Microsoft fanboys will argue that Sony's numbers are off because of them reporting replacement units as 'shipped'. So just let the numbers go; I'd say watch the total software sales instead.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

At least half of them. Also, an ex-Sony engineer helped design the 360, leaving the results for the gullible MS execs to contend with.

i think those replacements don't count as actual sales therefore are not tracked by VGchartz.... or i'm i wrong?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

OK, for one 43% is one of the highest numbers put out. what was the percentage after each new chip, how many where there? sh-t what was the real percentage?  you will never know.  Give up on all the spun numbers. The conversation is only that of someone that will never get a answer or wants a way to spin it in there favor. How many ps3's YLOD? How many wii's took a crud? no one knows. I think what vgchartz has got going is good enough.

THANK YOU PLEASE DRIVE THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The attach rate of the 360 speaks for itself but whatever...some people are really butthurt over xbox360' last few months sales numbers.

The number is somewhere over 9000!!!

dallas said:

At least half of them. Also, an ex-Sony engineer helped design the 360, leaving the results for the gullible MS execs to contend with.

Are you serious, cause you would have to be pretty stupid to believe that, I'm sorry but it's just the plain truth.

Do you have any idea how ungodly the attach rate would be if theres only 20 million working 360's.

@OP

How about you search the forum before reviving a topic that has been beat to death a million times before. It has already been proven that MS did not count 360's sent in for repair as units sold.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

The number you posted says .74 at the end what happened to the other .26 of that console?