By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dev hints at PSP2 release window in 6 months!

Nintendogamer said:

LOL that suppose PSP2 in the pic is identical to DS,  how the hell will PSP2 top 3DS's software line-up, already it has at least 30 appealing looking games. 

That pic is flawed actually it says PS2P lol. ohh unles sony are relasing the playstation 2 portable!

>_> its photoshopped.

@OP, i hope its its a couple of months after 3DS because i'll be buying that and i don't want to screw my pocket over.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

I want them to wait until E3 prepping for a November 2011 launch. Nice and far away from the 3DS launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Soriku said:

More like possible reveal window, not release.

Yep. I'm 100% convinced that we'll see this before February 26th. My guess is either a Sony held event, i.e Playstation Day or CES 2011. What's the point though? Who the hell wants one with the 3DS coming out?

ElGranCabeza said:
Soriku said:

Yep. I'm 100% convinced that we'll see this before February 26th. My guess is either a Sony held event, i.e Playstation Day or CES 2011. What's the point though? Who the hell wants one with the 3DS coming out?

I do...

ElGranCabeza said:
Soriku said:

Considering the PSP has sold over 60 Million units, I imagine a lot of people would want one.

Around the Network
Cross-X said:
Soriku said:

This.

I seriously doubt Sony would release the PSP2 head to head with the 3DS.

They would if the 3DS is $300 and the PSP2 is $200 or $250 ;)

raptors11 said:
Cross-X said:
Soriku said:

This.

I seriously doubt Sony would release the PSP2 head to head with the 3DS.

They would if the 3DS is $300 and the PSP2 is $200 or $250 ;)

lol but we know what the odds are of that happening :D

Carl2291 said:

So... 6 Months time?

Game Developers Conference? It's on in March...

Would be a perfect place to reveal it. Then hype the nuts off it up until E3... Then release it towards the Holidays?

perfect.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

A really good point was made...people think the psp is such a "failure" yet it has sold over 60 million units now...yea it is nothing compared to the DS, but those sales are still massive...pretty good odds sony has made a buttload off the psp.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Soriku said:

Considering the PSP has sold over 60 Million units, I imagine a lot of people would want one.

It actually sold 62 million, but who's counting? The 3DS has literally taken the PSP's lunch though, ohh you have MGSPW on PSP? We'll take that and give you MGS3DS. You got a mainline KH game? We'll take that and give you what possibly is KH3. You got Persona? We'll give you that. FF? No problem.  Street Fighter? Yep. The PSP2 is in deep shit no matter what.