By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MOVE - 300,000 Units Sold in First Ten Days!

Kasz216 said:
jneul said:
Kasz216 said:
jneul said:
HappySqurriel said:
jneul said:

haha at all the people saying 300k is not impressive didn;t you all pedict a lower number, also sony did say they expected a low turn out for move, so get over it, games like socom 4, mag, sorcery, time crisis, dead space 2, infamous 2 will encourage even more people to jump on the band wagon, and i still casn't see why 100% of the userbase that owns the eye wont buy move... but eventually when they can

i can't wait for japan sales... of move

Actually, I didn't predict anything ...

When you consider that Wii Fit sold 2 Million units in a similar time frame at a similar price and was sold out for months because demand was so (amazingly) high, selling 300,000 and being readily available everywhere should indicate that PS Move is not a particularly "hot" product. Certainly, we may see improved sales through Christmas, and renewed interest around game releases, but that doesn't mean that it will ever be a particularly popular product.

Yeah way to go lets compare everything to wii-fit one of the worst things to be released this generation imo(sales != quality), also wii was very popular by then, another food for thought sc sales is not far of

New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis

sales week aligned sales of course!! http://www.vgchartz.com/game.php?id=30980 and that is without japan, so you wanna go away now??

Comparing Playstation Move to a revamped Mario Gamecube game... is supposed to make the move look good?

If it only sells as around as much as Mario Power Tennis... it would be in big trouble.

I mean, why even bother adding on Move controls for it.

Things like Splitscreen Multiplayer get dropped if there isn't a market for it because of expense.  A whole different control scheme I imagine has to be at least as expensive as Split screen.

It needs to push 5-10 million... and in a "relativly" short time I'd think, unless the plan is for it to just be relegated to a small side genre, like Singstar.  Though, different since Singstar I think has actually pushed like... 5 million for individual titles.

no i was talking about the sales of sports champions because ultimately software sales will decide the fate of ps move in some ways, in tohers not as much as we will stillget multiplaform games with move supoort added in, anyway move will do much better than that it should be at 2illion be christmas, it will have long legs

So, your comparing the sales of a PS move game to a revamped gamecube game... and that is supposed to make it look good....?

in bold  read again i was comparing software sales and like i said ps move and sports champions should have long legs, stop backtraking and it's not a gamecube game it was released on wii with motion plus, that is the version i am going on about, since that is achieving ninty like sales even if it is the lower end of those sales you lot can't possibly make fun, as that means you also making fun of your own sales for wii

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
snfr said:

This deserves a dancing kitty!

A cat!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

SONY are dog people!

Kevim doesn't agree with you.

Above: still the best game of the year.

jneul said:
Kasz216 said:
jneul said:
Kasz216 said:
jneul said:
HappySqurriel said:
jneul said:

haha at all the people saying 300k is not impressive didn;t you all pedict a lower number, also sony did say they expected a low turn out for move, so get over it, games like socom 4, mag, sorcery, time crisis, dead space 2, infamous 2 will encourage even more people to jump on the band wagon, and i still casn't see why 100% of the userbase that owns the eye wont buy move... but eventually when they can

When you consider that Wii Fit sold 2 Million units in a similar time frame at a similar price and was sold out for months because demand was so (amazingly) high, selling 300,000 and being readily available everywhere should indicate that PS Move is not a particularly "hot" product. Certainly, we may see improved sales through Christmas, and renewed interest around game releases, but that doesn't mean that it will ever be a particularly popular product.

Yeah way to go lets compare everything to wii-fit one of the worst things to be released this generation imo(sales != quality), also wii was very popular by then, another food for thought sc sales is not far of

sales week aligned sales of course!! http://www.vgchartz.com/game.php?id=30980 and that is without japan, so you wanna go away now??

Comparing Playstation Move to a revamped Mario Gamecube game... is supposed to make the move look good?

If it only sells as around as much as Mario Power Tennis... it would be in big trouble.

Things like Splitscreen Multiplayer get dropped if there isn't a market for it because of expense.  A whole different control scheme I imagine has to be at least as expensive as Split screen.

It needs to push 5-10 million... and in a "relativly" short time I'd think, unless the plan is for it to just be relegated to a small side genre, like Singstar.  Though, different since Singstar I think has actually pushed like... 5 million for individual titles.

no i was talking about the sales of sports champions because ultimately software sales will decide the fate of ps move in some ways, in tohers not as much as we will stillget multiplaform games with move supoort added in, anyway move will do much better than that it should be at 2illion be christmas, it will have long legs

So, your comparing the sales of a PS move game to a revamped gamecube game... and that is supposed to make it look good....?

in bold  read again i was comparing software sales and like i said ps move and sports champions should have long legs, stop backtraking and it's not a gamecube game it was released on wii with motion plus, that is the version i am going on about, since that is achieving ninty like sales even if it is the lower end of those sales you lot can't possibly make fun, as that means you also making fun of your own sales for wii

Making fun of my own sales with Wii?  You mean I get royalties for New Play Mario Tennis?  Damn.  Where are those, I could use the money.

I'm not "making fun" of it.  I'm saying it's not a flattering comparison.

I could really give a crap about making one console or another "look good".  Not what I'm in the buisness to do.  I'm in the buisness to having interesting and fairly unbiased conversations about videogame sales and performance.

Heck, my most played systems are PSP and PC.  TF2 just got the Polycount packs.  Big time deal.  Plus I'm helping betatest a Mount and Blade mod.  I've played some Mario Galaxy 2 and some Bladestorm lately, but that's only when my girlfriend needs to use my computer for something her labtop can't do.

It's basically been all PC PSP during between arena rounds in TF2.

Dallinor said:
Kasz216 said:
jneul said:
HappySqurriel said:
jneul said:

Just to jump in here.

I'd imagine split screen multiplayer is a much larger endeavour then adding a new control scheme. In interviews with Move devs, they've stated it took them only a few weeks to get the Move control scheme up and running with their game.

I dunno.  I really don't see how it could take that long.  I mean, your just using the same multiplayer co-op that's already in the game but making it local.

Never really programmed a game though.

@happysquirrel you know what i knew no matter what psmove sold it would never do wiimote numbers, even sony said themselves they did not expect massive sales, so saying that 300k is worrying is wrong, sony have said they give it a year for move to take off, and if move will be at 2m by christmas, which is possible might I add, then it will easy reach 5m by the end of it's year out, which is more than enough sales to keep on supporting it.

you realise that the coke promo has not even started yet, i mean my own sister did not know about it until is showed her and now she is getting it for Christmas, you all want move to fail but it won't, because even she agreed it's nothing like wii (and she has a wii) and it reminded her more of ps2 eyetoy games with start the party, but obviously with much better controls (very precise)

all i see in here is jealously for one fact ps3>wii for two weeks thanks to move, so much for move not making a different, that's not bashing but just telling it how it is.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

A lot of hypocrisy in this thread.

When a big of even decent game of a franchise sells like this, its called a flop - Lets take Other M lately. Under 2 % of the PS3's base bought it. Fail.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Kasz216 said:
Dallinor said:
Kasz216 said:
jneul said:
HappySqurriel said:
jneul said:

Just to jump in here.

I'd imagine split screen multiplayer is a much larger endeavour then adding a new control scheme. In interviews with Move devs, they've stated it took them only a few weeks to get the Move control scheme up and running with their game.

I dunno.  I really don't see how it could take that long.  I mean, your just using the same multiplayer co-op that's already in the game but making it local.

Never really programmed a game though.

Split screen is definately more effort than mucking around with controls - just to chime in.  Effective splitscreen means your rendering engine and code has to be designed to support it if you want good results.  For example in Killzone 2 the developers made it clear before release that, at least at that time, the engine simply wasn't designed in a way that could support it.

Splitscreen requires an engine taking in two controller inputs, and simultaneously rendering two scenes to display based on the inputs and one set of shared assets (the level, textures, etc).  This is a big difference from rendering one scene based on one controller.

I love splitscreen myself - but it needs to be coded for and can't just be thrown in.  Well, it sort of can, but the results are normally pants.  Look at Halo titles.  Splitscreen is factored into the design from the very start, and it shows in a good way.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

CGI-Quality said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

When a big of even decent game of a franchise sells like this, its called a flop - Lets take Other M lately. Under 2 % of the PS3's base bought it. Fail.

Move is a new peripheral expected to start off slow, not a 20 year franchise the likes of Metroid. Hardly comparable.

This.

Not to mention NINTENDO expected Other M to sell much much more than Corruption......Other M will be selling less than Corruption in actuality.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Move is a new peripheral expected to start off slow, not a 20 year franchise the likes of Metroid. Hardly comparable.

This.

Not to mention NINTENDO expected Other M to sell much much more than Corruption......Other M will be selling less than Corruption in actuality.

I just used Other M as example, because i spend some threads discussing it with Khuutra - and therfore it popped up first in my memory. There are many other - newer, if you will -  games where a similar debut were deemed a flop. Hypocrisy! 

Move is just another peripheral, thats the excuse? Its supposed to be a new breath for the PS3 - an expansion of their audience. Sony dedicated a lot of time to it. In all its conferences of 2010 move was front and center. You couldn't miss it. Therefore, this is a bad start for the move. 

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

how can you compare a controller to a game ?

with every move game there is a incentive to buy a move controller

sonys big problem is the line up

I don't think there is a game that draws attention of the" casuals" and sets its self apart from the typical Wii game

and they need a game like this to survive against kinect and get the wii customers