By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: "No freaking way" will 3DS launch WW before April.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/30/pachter-3ds-will-cost-250-in-the-u-s-likely-wont-come-state/

"Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter recently shared with us his insight on yesterday's pricing and release date announcement for the Nintendo 3DS. He predicts that the 25,000 yen ($299) price point for the Japanese launch of the handheld will depreciate somewhat as it travels to Western markets, arriving in the U.S. for $250, Europe for €250 and the U.K. for £200. And although Nintendo of America CEO Reggie Fils-Aime stated the 3DS would "launch in all of our major markets by March 31, 2011," Pachter foresees an even later arrival in the West.

"Looking at how Nintendo does things," Pachter said, "if you're launching February 26 in Japan, and their earnings reports say before the end of the fiscal year in U.S. and Europe -- is there any prayer, even a 1 percent chance that they'll launch a week later in the U.S., March 5? No freaking way. It's not even remotely possible they're launching first half of March. I'm betting it gets delayed until April in Europe and U.S..""

Pretty bold stuff there from Pachter, he's basically saying it's an impossibility that they will launch outside of Japan before the end of the fiscal year. Which means if he's correct (LOL), Nintendo's 4million projected 3DS sales to March 31st will have to come entirely from Japan. That would be a pretty tall order IMO.

VGChartz

Around the Network

I hope he's right!

Too many games releasing Q1 next year for me to get a new 3DS!

Thread title is incorrect. Pachter didn't say "No freaking way" to WW launch before April. He said "No freaking way" to US launch a week after Japan launch. He leaves open the possibility that it could launch in the second half of March, although personally would "bet" that it gets delayed until April. 

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

I think they'll deliver sometime in March. Mid-March, perhaps.

Bah!

patcher apparently knows everything. How do I get paid; to pretend that I know what's going to happen. lol

Around the Network
ramuji said:

Thread title is incorrect. Pachter didn't say "No freaking way" to WW launch before April. He said "No freaking way" to US launch a week after Japan launch. He leaves open the possibility that it could launch in the second half of March, although personally would "bet" that it gets delayed until April. 

If those kind of attention grabbing paraphrased headlines are good enough for the gaming media, they're good enough for me...

VGChartz