By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What would you use to kill zombies?

rocketpig said:
raptors11 said:

Obviously I'd use the coolest and most recognizable gun ever.

Not a good choice. Ammunition is hard to find in most places and anything past the first round is cover fire because you're hitting treetops with the bullets.

Give me an AR-15 any day of the week. It's a far superior rifle.

I carry an AR-15 every day at work.  Hell of a weapon.  Hits its mark every time.

Around the Network
raptors11 said:
rocketpig said:
raptors11 said:

Not a good choice. Ammunition is hard to find in most places and anything past the first round is cover fire because you're hitting treetops with the bullets.

Yeah AR-15 is sick. Good choice.

But assuming you have all the ammo you need I'll take the AK-47. In a zombie apocolypse I'd have to think the AK's legendary reliability means a lot and more than makes up for high recoil and mediocre accuracy. You can put your AK through hell and it'll still fire but the same can't be said about the M16, I can't comment on the AR-15 in terms of reliability.

That is something the AK has going for it. You can literally drag the thing through mud and it will still fire.

I didn't really care for firing it at all. The thing kicks like a mule on full auto and it's impossible to aim. The AR on full auto is waaaaaaay more controllable.

Still, I'd take an SMG. The ammo is way easier to find because most of them fire pistol ammo.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
raptors11 said:
rocketpig said:
raptors11 said:

Yeah AR-15 is sick. Good choice.

But assuming you have all the ammo you need I'll take the AK-47. In a zombie apocolypse I'd have to think the AK's legendary reliability means a lot and more than makes up for high recoil and mediocre accuracy. You can put your AK through hell and it'll still fire but the same can't be said about the M16, I can't comment on the AR-15 in terms of reliability.

That is something the AK has going for it. You can literally drag the thing through mud and it will still fire.

I didn't really care for firing it at all. The thing kicks like a mule on full auto and it's impossible to aim. The AR on full auto is waaaaaaay more controllable.

Still, I'd take an SMG. The ammo is way easier to find because most of them fire pistol ammo.

Aahh that's awesome you've gotten to fire these weapons. Closest I get is video games. Yeah I've definitely heard AK has some serious kick. AR is similar to the M16 isn't it? I'm not really a gun guy so I'm not sure.

Smart idea thinking an SMG for the purpose of more access to ammo.

That badass weapon from Ninja Assassin - Kyoketsu-Shoge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh-xGbEbS1Q&feature=player_embedded - start @1:30

Around the Network
De85 said:

Shotgun.  I don't consider a rifle to be essential because if they're that far away I can just avoid them and conserve ammunition. 

Of course some sort of pistol and blunt object for backup...

You're just saying that because the shotgun and magnum are the most effective weapons against the flood in Halo: Combat Evolved.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Along with a REALLY heavy crowbar, the weapons I have on hand are:

With six fully loaded 40rd soviet era mags, and:

Seven shot S&W (686P) .38/.357, for those close encounters...

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

RPC - Rocket Propelled Chainsaw.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

rocketpig said:
raptors11 said:

Ar-15, a variant of the weapon that lost the Vietnam war, GREAT choice.

Dust=choke clog jam!

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

NinjaguyDan said:
rocketpig said:
raptors11 said:

Ar-15, a variant of the weapon that lost the Vietnam war, GREAT choice.

Dust=choke clog jam!

The AR-15 has gone through multiple revisions since that point and is a far more reliable rifle today than it was 40 years ago.

And blaming the gun for losing the war when the Americans were killing ten Vietnamese to every one American is silly.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/