By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So how much dust did my Wii collect in the past year?

Geez how do you guys find so much time to play games haha. Haha Wii is the only console I own, and I play it any chance I get, and up til now I'm probably at about 600 hrs played, and I've had it since launch.

And I've bought a lot of Wii games haha. I have over 30 haha. Where the hell do yall get the time.

Around the Network

1,000 hours in a year is a ton of playtime. My lady was going through our Wii the other day and we noticed how many games we spent 40+ hours on in short periods. She spent a ton of time on My Sims, we spent a ton of time on RE4 together, Excite Truck, Mario Strikers Charged, Zelda: TP, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy, Zack & Wiki, Super Paper Mario, Big Brain Academy, and a slew of other titles. There was clearly a drought during the summer, though, as the Wii would sometimes go 3-4 days without any play time (we were also very busy then).

Well I love going back and seeing what I was playing or getting on and remembering why. Kinda a trip back and time. Very intriguing.

But there have been very few games that I've played for over 40 hrs. I mean either I'm really quick at finishing games or just not a lot that are long games. And I do sometimes tend to buy too many games at once and forget to play the others. But I think so far I've played Zelda: TP, Godfather, Wii Sports, RE4, and Mario Strikers Charged are the only games I've played for around 40 hrs each. MOHH2 and GHIII though are about to get there.

Maybe it's just cause I have a short attention span and always switching back and forth. Who knows.

Strangely enough, dust is collected on things i use all the time... what kind of special protection do you guys use which only allows dust to settle on the Wii while it is not being played?

On a more serious note: I hope Nintendo make a "Time Played" Summary page in an update in the near future, as that'd be, to an extent, kickass (instead of calculating and all that)

Well dust is always going to collect, despite if it's being used. That's only stated as it used to be if you used something, you moved it, but obviously you don't need to move your Wii to play things, thus dust will accumulate naturaly, as dust is simply dead skin cells, and other waste products of animals.

And I agree, a record of our times played in a convienent place would be a nice addition to the Wii eh.

Around the Network

Lordy, I'm dreading adding up mine. Well let me grab a calculator. -_-

I've been adding mine up for about a week now. At least my insomnia allows me to do some extra stuff.

I'm through October and at about 450 hrs some odd. November is another 100 hrs so about 550 thereabouts. Sorry can't give exact. Don't have my spreadsheet.

my wii never collected dust . (it's hidden in a locked closed close to the tv and)
Even if I don't play anything my mum will . She loves participating in those mii contests.

Just over the last 7 days, our Wii has had about 50hrs of use (including almost 20hrs last weekend). Its getting about 50% of our "average" entertainment time these days - TV watching has dropped significantly.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

APolitical said:
dtewi said:
Rol you're probably the most hardcore gamer on the forum.

Is this an insult or a compliment? I can't imagine anybody being proud of spending that huge proportion of their life playing video games, but to each his own I suppose.

A hint of jealousy?

Just teasing, but if you think about it most people would like to play games that much its just a matter of not everyone has the free time.  Perhaps you might do something else with the free time, but you cannot deny you would love to have that kind of free time.

I know I would....../sigh 

To Each Man, Responsibility