By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So how much dust did my Wii collect in the past year?

dtewi said:
60,000 hours is one year....

8760 hours is one year 24 x 365.

Around the Network

You spent 1/7 of the year playing video games?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

Better than Soriku who is 3/7 of the year making threads..

(Sorry Soriku).

The average gamer.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

My Wii does nothing but collect dust. I have most AAA titles but have no time to beat any of them. All I do now is occasionally mess with the Mii Channel and Everyone Votes Channel. The quick game of Madden on my PS2 is all I play nowadays :(

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Alright, I own my Wii since it launched here in Austria (that's in Europe btw), so I decided to make a month by month writeup of how much time it got used and which games were played by me, my family and my friends. It's probably a pretty boring analysis, but you aren't forced to read it anyway, only read the bolded numbers if you want. I should note that I rarely used my Wii to play GC games (probably only for about 25 hours).

December - I bought my Wii with Wii Sports, Wii Play, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, I also got a handful of VC games and tried out the games of my friends Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids. Obviously I spent most of my time on Zelda. - 220:39

January - I only bought Wario Ware Smooth Moves which was pretty much the only good game released that month. Interest in the Wii faded due to lack of games, so it's only natural that the time spent on the system declined. - 90:57

February - No new Wii games for me this month, because a friend was going to pick up Excite Truck. I still had to finish Baten Kaitos Origins and two other GC games which I got at the end of January, so I didn't play much with the Wii. - 36:51

March - Sonic and the Secret Rings was the only Wii game I was looking forward to in this month and it delivered what I had expected (decent game, that is), so the time my Wii wasn't in good use was finally over. I got to play Excite Truck and some more VC games. - 137:44

April - The real start of the game drought, because there was nothing I was interested in for several months (my friends would get Mario Strikers Charged, RE4 Wii, Big Brain Academy), so I took the time to play the 4 DS games I bought back in March. - 48:11

May - Nothing to play, except for a little bit of multiplayer in Mario Strikers Charged and a few VC games. - 28:34

June - Pretty much the same as May, just more annoying (still two months until Trauma Center). - 40:51

July - I borrowed Mario Strikers Charged and Prince of Persia Rival Swords from a friend. - 66:21

August - I was finally able to borrow Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition from a friend and Trauma Center Second Opinion was released. On top of that there were actually some more good games on the VC (where were they when I really needed them?). The first time since March it was a 100+ hours month and due to the release schedule for the rest of the year it would stay that way. - 160:30

September - Super Paper Mario released, but the actual time spent on the Wii shrinked. Reason: at the end of the month I borrowed a PS2 with some RPGs from a friend. - 102:27 

October - Still playing a lot of PS2 early in this month, the time spent on various Wii games only reaches about 70 hours one week before month's end. But luckily the game of the year is released to make it another 100+ hours month. Metroid Prime 3 Corruption and its Grapple Beam are simply awesome. - 139:05

November - Still a lot of games to play, Super Mario Galaxy is released, another two games at the end of the month (Umbrella Chronicles, Tomb Raider Anniversary). - 129:47

December - Yet another game to add to my Wii library, Endless Ocean. After the painful months that were April to July there were always enough good Wii games to play. Another 40 hours to add to my first year of Wii ownership. - 41:42

Summary - After one year I own 13 Wii games and 24 VC games. The game drought was expected because of lacking 3rd party support and also because it was the first year of the system. I hoped the VC releases would give me more to play in these months, but sadly it didn't happen. Anyway, after the first year of Wii ownership, the time spent on playing it is: 1241:39

You play alot of video games!!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

dtewi said:

You must excuse my friend Rol's lack of playtime....he's a non-gamer.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

That's an average of one day every week spent doing nothing but playing games.

Or, to put that into better perspective, an average of about 3.5 hours every single day playing Wii games.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Rol you're probably the most hardcore gamer on the forum.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Rol you're probably the most hardcore gamer on the forum.

Is this an insult or a compliment?  I can't imagine anybody being proud of spending that huge proportion of their life playing video games, but to each his own I suppose.