By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Ocarina of Time 3DS/N64 Comparison thread

LordTheNightKnight said:
wfz said:

Those pictures that you posted are exactly what I would call a "slightly improved OoT" graphically speaking.

I'm so sorry to disappoint you by having different standards and definitions for such adjectives.

Now, if a remake of OoT looked as good as a PS3 or 360 game, the difference would be substantial. But to me, what you posted isn't. It's unimpressive to me.

Way to make a thread about subjective matters and claim superiority over the case. =P

Why wouldn't a Wii game count? Twilight Princess is a Gamecube game and it looks substantially more detailed.

Alright alright I was just thinking of the most substantial change we could have right now. Sure if it looked like a Wii game that might be enough. 

... But wait, TP is a Gamecube game. Isn't the 3DS being essentially compared to a portable GC? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that is true, then why doesn't this OoT 3DS game look even remotely good against Twilight Princess? If they could have updated the visuals enough to even compare to a GC TP game it would have been significantly more substantial in my eyes.

But what I'm still waiting for is all this bonus content everyone is talking about but not explaining. I want to know, if there is info out yet, what Nintendo plans on adding. If it's just speculation, then alright, I'll wait for an answer at a later time.

Around the Network

The lighting on Gohma looks better in the original :P

I LOVE ICELAND!

Hm actually, I'm going to be honest, after reading Kung's post and looking at the pictures again, I have to say I like the lighting in every picture more in the original. It was more subdued and less bright and colorful.

I wonder if this game will hold up the atmosphere as well as the original did. For the sake of everyone excited for this game, I hope it does. But Ghoma sure turned the disco lights on.

I'm having trouble believing the people who say they can't see a difference in the polygon counts when it comes to characters and especially when it comes to Ghoma.

Man, Link looks goofy

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

well I think the 3ds versions looks great. eventhough some people don´t seem to like it. I´m just so happy that the 3ds looks so much better when you compare to the ds. I mean compare the gba to the ds and then the ds to the 3ds and you´ll see what a huge jump it really is. I don´t care to compare it to other consoles other than the ds

edit

OT: I really like that it seems to keep the same feeling of the original. I dont think it really needs much just better graphics, but keep the same stuff

The ground textures are clearly higher, as long as you give them more than a passing glance. You can see the texels are smaller and clearer.

And I also see the polygon count is higher.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I don't know, Link looks like fat.

I've went through the game in the gamecube version, I doubt this one will bring me anything that new that justifies the purchase. Maybe for 10 bucks, not full price.

Mr.Metralha said:

I've went through the game in the gamecube version, I doubt this one will bring me anything that new that justifies the purchase. Maybe for 10 bucks, not full price.

Is the GC version a graphical upgrade?

Slimebeast said:
Mr.Metralha said:

Is the GC version a graphical upgrade?

Nintendo should make Zelda: Oblivion screens as an april fools joke for you :D