By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo thinks 4 million 3DS will sell in a month, and 15 million games.

So in a prediction about as bold as Katuragi's 5 million PS3s sold with no games, Nintendo thinks they can sell 4 million 3DS systems and 15 million total games, all in a month.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=267317?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

As long as Nintendogs is a launch game, that prediction seems likely. If Mario Kart is also a launch game, that prediction is very likely.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

It could be possible, but I still think that they should have a 2D Mario game for the 3DS. New Super Mario Bros. Wii should be a prime example that 2D Mario games help sell systems.

I really don`t doubt it. A true 3D console packed with Mario Kart, Nintendogs Cats, Animal Crossing and all those great games - even if not all at launch - will surely help Nintendo sell A LOT. Not to forget that, given the release dates for Japan, USA and Europe, it could be done.

The question is: can Nintendo have 4 million 3DSs ready at launch?

it's funny some people here think the 3DS appeals to more people than the iphone does.. realize not even the iphone sold 4 million its first month...

mM

Seems way high, but I guess we'll see. I think its too expensive to sell that well.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

4 Million in a Month?

That would be absolutely insane...

I don't think it can do it. If it was December, then sure. But March? I don't think so.

leo-j said:

it's funny some people here think the 3DS appeals to more people than the iphone does.. realize not even the iphone sold 4 million its first month...

Apple didn't have 4 million units to sell during the 1st month of release.

Nintendo says they expect... and they are always conservative on their approach.
4 million may be a bit high, but if Nintendo can produce that much and if demand is that high, just maybe the final result won`t be that far apart.

Take Wii for example, in it`s first month it sold past 3 million units (worlwide), from what i saw on the internet. 4 million for 3DS doesn`t seem that high.

It definitely depends on the price.  If it's $199, it could be very likely.  But if it's $249-$299, then those chances go down a bit.  Plus, to me it doesn't seem to be enough appealing/original SW for the launch.  Most are just 3-D ports of older games.  While that would be interesting to see, it definitely doesn't make me interested enough to buy one.  Especially if it's going to be ~$250, which is what I'm thinking it will be.

uh, there's already a thread for this