By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
binary solo said:
Squilliam said:
alic18 said:

I agree. A suprise, but a nice one.

At least Sony are staying true to their mantra: Quality over Hype.

FYI: Here in New Zealand the move feels like it's getting some good traction with the public. Haven't seen much TV, but radio has been going hard and plenty of advertising at the movies etc. Maybe that Kevin Butler shout out to NZ helped!

Quality over hype? One mans hype is another mans quality.

Anyway as for Move, the entirety of in store advertising I have seen is a couple of dummy boxes. Definately not the complete marketing push.

Depends on store and location. JB HiFi in Wellington is plastered with Move posters and they have a TV set up showing Move videos on a continuous loop. Not a big enough store to have any demo stations set up though.

I see the latest Guitar Hero did better on 360 than PS3. Is it wrong to celebrate that fewer PS3 owners are drinking the Activision Koolaid?

Thats Raro to you, boy...

Tease.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
thx1139 said:

As for PS3 sales exploding at $199 that will all depend when that happens. If it happens with no apparent next gen starting than sales may increase. If it is apparent that a new generation is going to start soon then the $199 will be to late to signifigantly move PS3's.

I believe Sony will go to $249.99 before they go to $199.99.  They need to spend some time selling the PS3 for a profit.  1 year from now the PS3 will not be profitable at $199.99.  It should be profitable at $249.99.

they have been selling PS3 for profit,their aim was the blu-ray winning the format war

they will surely drop to $199 next year and even then make profit and it will be profit at that price too

Yeah for like a $10 profit.  They are still going to want to make a profit at the next price point. 1 year from now cost to produce and sell a PS3 probably profitable if sold at $250. Probably not if sold at $200.

no it will be profitable at $199 as its already profitable now and further CELL and RSX reduction are incoming along with the other HW price reductions that follow along with time

and the fact that PS3 SW will be far bigger so SONY will be able to profit

and if you think they are going to sit back for profit and then let the other brand ahead then you are wrong,their main aim was blu-ray winning the war,noe they will concentrate on rebuilding thir brand before the next console cycle

DQIX hits 352,000 im EMEAA, could do 500,000 by end of this year and do 1M sometime next year,

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

ethomaz said:
Buzzi said:
I don't understand Nintendo...they cut their prediction from 18m to 17.5m, they really expect the Wii to perform during holidays like last year without three 10 m games and a price cut?? I hope not!

Last year target was 20.5M or more for Nintendo Wii... so they expect sell 3 million less.

It's ok for me... good prediction.

If Wii shipments hit no less than 87M by end of march and 84M by end of this year it's all good.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

okay sales for dead rising 2. I wonder how much it'll do in the Americas. I thought it would do more though.

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:

no it will be profitable at $199 as its already profitable now and further CELL and RSX reduction are incoming along with the other HW price reductions that follow along with time

and if you think they are going to sit back for profit and then let the other brand ahead then you are wrong,their main aim was blu-ray winning the war,noe they will concentrate on rebuilding thir brand before the next console cycle

I agree it'll be profitable at $199... one day. The next price drop will bring it down to $249.

Sony is one of many major companies with their hand in Bluray profits. I'm sure the growth of digital downloads/piracy, rentals, and streaming is really eating into potential Bluray profits as well. Hurting the Playstation brand was not worth it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

oldschoolfool said:

okay sales for dead rising 2. I wonder how much it'll do in the Americas. I thought it would do more though.

I'm positive it'll perform much better in NA. As did the original.

EMEAA just doesn't like zombies. But I'm pretty sure they would buy a zombie game if it involved racing and/or soccer.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

I agree it'll be profitable at $199... one day. The next price drop will bring it down to $249.

Sony is one of many major companies with their hand in Bluray profits. I'm sure the growth of digital downloads/piracy, rentals, and streaming is really eating into potential Bluray profits as well. Hurting the Playstation brand was not worth it.

To add to think that Sony would rop to $200 and lose money for the sake of selling an extra say 5 million consoles in a year when the next generation is about to start is foolish.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

I don't expect GT5 to have as big of a boost in sales as some of you think.  Remember that Sony has been using GT5 to sell the PS3 since the day the new console was announced.  Lots of those fans already have it.   Plus, the effect is spread out over the weeks leading to the launch, not just the one week, the same way Halo has helped move boxes all summer instead of just a single launch week boost.  Plus, it'll be all hidden within holiday sales anyway, so even if it's there, it's going to be hard to see.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

The DS is a beast, how does it stay on top almost every week?