By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ethomaz said:
Jadedx said:
Torillian said:
Jadedx said:
ethomaz said:
CGI-Quality said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

360 still on top, despite the move launch!!!

Looks like 360 will remain on top come Kinect

Wait, are you saying you expected the PS3 to top the 360 when Move launched?

And with Halo: Reach boosting 360???

It's the same for GT5 and Kinect launch... PS3 will top 360 in November.

Nope, it wont.

Like to make a bet on it?  I'm absolutely sure it'll be on top atleast for GT5's launch week  while you seem to doubt it'll even get that week.

He said that GT5 will be on top for november, not just the first week. And I dont do bets.

November in Europe... yeah.

Could quote me later.

Good sales all around but I don't think ps3 is going to outsell 360 this month.

or next month or the rest of the year, this is why.

I think a lot of you are under scoring the effect that kinect is going to have on the market. I know a lot of people who are going to buy this, that are not stand in line pre-order type of people. YOu know who that is? parents. This will be hugh with kids.  you can say that it's just going to sell big and then plummet. Parents, "moms", talk all over the naughborhood. this will be the selling point of word of mouth. believe me I thought the same about the wii,  now I own one. mainly do to the classics and my girl likes all the other.

Move is not going to do hugh next week, if anything it's going to be Fifa or GT5 in the coming weeks that come out swinging. Move only moving 10,000 more is not a monster sale and won't continue. It will sell mainly to loyal sony fans. Maybe I'm totally wrong but this is how I see it. I'm 28 and parents that don't have xbox360, non stop keep asking me about kinect. it's almost annoying.

I told them after exlpaining kinect to get halo but they don't seem to care for that type of thing. they seem to love the kinectanimals game. Maybe europe does not care about this but americans will. when you find something for moms and parents to really talk about in america you get wii.........

feel free to tell me I'm wrong cause I just might be. Either way screw kotick. lol

No I don't want to bet. I just will come in and say i said so.

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
binary solo said:

Sports Champs Week 2 > week 1 bodes very well for the holidays for PS3 and Move in EMEAA. Will be interesting to see what happens in Americas this week. Hopefully it shuts up the Move doomsayers a wee bit, at least until Kinect comes out.

WW Move install base could be as high as 500K by the time Kinect launches.

I think 500k is way too low estimate.

With US numbers Sports Champions will likely be at 250k already and there's 4-5 more weeks remaining till kinect launch as well as release in Japan.

Depending on how Japan reacts to it there should be 700-800k Sports Champions users at that time and that's still less then actual move userbase since it can be bough separatly and is not bundled in EU.

By end of year move might be into 1,5-2 milions userbase.

Well I was hoping to low ball the number a bit. I'd prefer Move to exceed expectations, so I'll stick with my 500K by Kinect launch. I'm also gonna say 1.5 million by 1 January rather that 2 million for the same reason.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Solid_Snake4RD said:
thx1139 said:

As for PS3 sales exploding at $199 that will all depend when that happens. If it happens with no apparent next gen starting than sales may increase. If it is apparent that a new generation is going to start soon then the $199 will be to late to signifigantly move PS3's.

I believe Sony will go to $249.99 before they go to $199.99.  They need to spend some time selling the PS3 for a profit.  1 year from now the PS3 will not be profitable at $199.99.  It should be profitable at $249.99.

they have been selling PS3 for profit,their aim was the blu-ray winning the format war

they will surely drop to $199 next year and even then make profit and it will be profit at that price too

Yeah for like a $10 profit.  They are still going to want to make a profit at the next price point. 1 year from now cost to produce and sell a PS3 probably profitable if sold at $250. Probably not if sold at $200.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

ethomaz said:
Buzzi said:

Am I the only one thinking the boost has more to do with F1 2010 than Move? If next week sales return under 60k I would say I'm probably right, so we'll see.

F1 2010 had bundle??? If no... the boost was from Move.

And Sports Champions up 10k too... so MOVE boost.

There are people who buy a console for a specific game even if not bundled. If not a console couln't sell without bundles! Some of the boost is from Move, that's obvious...but I think the whole bump has more to do with the F1 game. Not that it matters, a boost is a boost!

I don't understand Nintendo...they cut their prediction from 18m to 17.5m, they really expect the Wii to perform during holidays like last year without three 10 m games and a price cut?? I hope not!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Buzzi said:
ethomaz said:
Buzzi said:

Am I the only one thinking the boost has more to do with F1 2010 than Move? If next week sales return under 60k I would say I'm probably right, so we'll see.

F1 2010 had bundle??? If no... the boost was from Move.

And Sports Champions up 10k too... so MOVE boost.

There are people who buy a console for a specific game even if not bundled. If not a console couln't sell without bundles! Some of the boost is from Move, that's obvious...but I think the whole bump has more to do with the F1 game. Not that it matters, a boost is a boost!

I don't understand Nintendo...they cut their prediction from 18m to 17.5m, they really expect the Wii to perform during holidays like last year without three 10 m games and a price cut?? I hope not!

Or maybe they think those games they have for holiday will be huge ?

It wouldn't be the first time in history when company gets so full of it's awesomness to think everything they make will sell at any price ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Buzzi said:

Last year target was 20.5M or more for Nintendo Wii... so they expect sell 3 million less.

It's ok for me... good prediction.

Ps3 up thx to Dead rising 2 and F1 I think...Maybe some move boost also but doubt it.

Wii is doing very bad and soon it's holiday season...Maybe all mario/Wii series have finaly ran out of fuel.

Xbox 360 doing great..Next week we see where sales will stay..

Take my love, take my land..

Im liking the sports champions sales 70k isnt that bad hope they continue to grow

ethomaz said:
Buzzi said:

Last year target was 20.5M or more for Nintendo Wii... so they expect sell 3 million less.

It's ok for me... good prediction.

But looking at the carts Wii is gonna lose millions compared to last year just in Q3 and it's already down YOY by 2% if I'm not wrong. I know it usually gets a boost during holidays, but it is down this week by 20k or 15% from the same week last year...if it continues this way (and it'll get sure worse without a price cut) the Wii could even be on par with the HD consoles this christmas.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Lyrikalstylez said:

360 still on top, despite the move launch!!!

Looks like 360 will remain on top come Kinect

gt5 says hello