By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade - New field exploration video released

woops double post

mM
Around the Network
trestres said:

I sincerly lost hope on this getting localized in the West. Well it may release in Europe, but I doubt NoA will localize this.

Since Nintendo bought Monolith Soft, none of their Nintendo published games have made it to the USA. Soma Bringer never made it over and neither did Disaster Day of Crisis.

NoA  doesn't seem to be keen of localizing such games. They haven't localized games like Zangeki No Reginleiv, Trace Memory R, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Fatal Frame 4, Captain Rainbow, Takt of Magic, Kensax, etc.

Niche or niche-core games don't have a chance here with NoA. NoE is more open to this kind of games, so it might have a chance of getting released there. Even when people bring up that Nintendo has registered Xenoblade in the US (albeit with the name Monado) those kinds of things happen all the time. Just remember that Disaster DoC was announced during E3 in the USA and even had American English voice overs, yet the game never saw the daylight here.

The Last Story might have bigger chances of getting localized, but I wouldn't be surprised if they passed up on that one too. Japan never misses on any games, go figure.

This will probably be the case.  I'm afraid more companies are going to follow Namco in their idea of giving non-Japanese fans the finger on jRPGs. 

Last Story will probably get localization treatment - just because it's Sakaguchi and Lost Odyssey did ok considering the facts in the USA.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

If NoE were willing to localise Disaster, I'm really hoping they would be willing to localise this

I understand why games like Fatal Frame 4, Disaster: Day of Crisis,Trace Memory R, Takt of Magic, and Zangeki No Reginleiv haven't made it to the US (though that last one may still make it). Some because they were buggy and wouldn't be fixed, some because of quality (in the eyes of NOA), and some because sales expectations would have been VERY (VERY) low, as in a few thousands at best.

Xenoblade is in none of these categories though. Based on both what I see and player impressions of anyone who has played it, this is a different ball game in the quality department. And while it probably won't be a super seller, i am certain Xenoblade will sell more than all the above named games would have sold together - more than enough to justify bringing it over to the US. So I am certain that Xenoblade will be localized. If such a game is NOT localized, it will make me question whether I should get the next Nintendo home console.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Wow hope it comes here.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

Help! I can't find the Any Button anywhere. I've been looking for the past 14 mins.

Amazing music, beautiful & huge world, NOA better localize this...  Everytime I see this game I wonder why other devs dont consider the wii a capable console, after all this game has a lot more variety than a lot of HD games...  

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

bmmb1 said:

I understand why games like Fatal Frame 4, Disaster: Day of Crisis,Trace Memory R, Takt of Magic, and Zangeki No Reginleiv haven't made it to the US (though that last one may still make it). Some because they were buggy and wouldn't be fixed, some because of quality (in the eyes of NOA), and some because sales expectations would have been VERY (VERY) low, as in a few thousands at best.

Xenoblade is in none of these categories though. Based on both what I see and player impressions of anyone who has played it, this is a different ball game in the quality department. And while it probably won't be a super seller, i am certain Xenoblade will sell more than all the above named games would have sold together - more than enough to justify bringing it over to the US. So I am certain that Xenoblade will be localized. If such a game is NOT localized, it will make me question whether I should get the next Nintendo home console.

the worst part is Xseed, Atlus, or ignition would probably bring over all of them in a heartbeat if nintendo would just sell the localization rights

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masschamber said:
bmmb1 said:

the worst part is Xseed, Atlus, or ignition would probably bring over all of them in a heartbeat if nintendo would just sell the localization rights

Given their localization of Arc Rise Fantasia, I would definitely not pass any of these games to Ignition...

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
masschamber said:
bmmb1 said:

Given their localization of Arc Rise Fantaisa, I would definitely not pass any of these games to Ignition...

maybe for the rpgs, but i'd rather have fatal frame. another code and ragnalev with poor translation ove not having them at all

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!