By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Quick Reference HW Charts, Sep - Dec 08/09/10

Michael-5 said:
Seece said:
Nintendogamer said:

So by judging this, Wii can do a few more weeks doing over 1M, maybe about 1.2M every week till christmas day.

Won't be 1 mill next week.

But it was, barely.. :P

Talking about next week not this week ^^

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Seece said:
Nintendogamer said:

So by judging this, Wii can do a few more weeks doing over 1M, maybe about 1.2M every week till christmas day.

Week ending 4th December I'm tlaking about, wii did 1.5M this time last week, Wii should at least do 1M - 1.1M this time.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
Michael-5 said:
Seece said:
Nintendogamer said:

Week ending 4th December I'm tlaking about, wii did 1.5M this time last week, Wii should at least do 1M - 1.1M this time.

No, doesn't work like that. Take a look at 2008 sales for instance, went down about 300k. Wii sales are going to be more concentrated this holiday to the "big events" ie BF and the 2 big xmas weeks.

Seece said:
Nintendogamer said:
Michael-5 said:
Seece said:
Nintendogamer said:

No, doesn't work like that. Take a look at 2008 sales for instance, went down about 300k. Wii sales are going to be more concentrated this holiday to the "big events" ie BF and the 2 big xmas weeks.

I'm not so sure, if you follow the trends Wii sales have been growing on an exponential basis, however Wii sales always drop after Black Friday Week, and it just made 1 million on Black Friday Week. It should break 900k though, so I don't see the big deal.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

good work

gotta love tables and sales

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Updated charts, except HD which will be next wee (HD is around 448k up YoY)

Why remove HD consoles? I am interested in continuingly comparing Wii sales to HD console sales, it's selling a lot stronger this year, and combined HD console sales are picking up from previous years.

I was really surprised to see the 360 only grow 1% this week, but the PS3 got a more modest, but still low 8%. I guess the 360 won't be breaking a 1 million week this year, but the next 2 weeks are the biggest, one good sale at Target or Wal-Mart could change that.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:

Why remove HD consoles?

I said, they're delayed because everytime one of the HD consoles gets backdated adjustments, it's a nightmare to update HD as well, it has a roll on affect.

I am interested in continuingly comparing Wii sales to HD console sales, it's selling a lot stronger this year, and combined HD console sales are picking up from previous years.

I was really surprised to see the 360 only grow 1% this week, but the PS3 got a more modest, but still low 8%. I guess the 360 won't be breaking a 1 million week this year

360 had shortages this week, it would have probably done 820k this week without them, 1 mill is still a good possibility over the next 2 weeks.

but the next 2 weeks are the biggest, one good sale at Target or Wal-Mart could change that.

Seece said:
Michael-5 said:

Why remove HD consoles?

I said, they're delayed because everytime one of the HD consoles gets backdated adjustments, it's a nightmare to update HD as well, it has a roll on affect.

I am interested in continuingly comparing Wii sales to HD console sales, it's selling a lot stronger this year, and combined HD console sales are picking up from previous years.

I was really surprised to see the 360 only grow 1% this week, but the PS3 got a more modest, but still low 8%. I guess the 360 won't be breaking a 1 million week this year

360 had shortages this week, it would have probably done 820k this week without them, 1 mill is still a good possibility over the next 2 weeks.

but the next 2 weeks are the biggest, one good sale at Target or Wal-Mart could change that.

I did notice a 10% drop in Americas, had Americas seen the 18% gain instead the 360 would have sold about 850k last week. Will MS be able to provide shipments for future weeks? It seems strange to be be tight on shipments one week, but not the next.

I guess Kinect really surprised MS, and you 5 million kinect prediction by 2010 will come true with flying colors, it may even break 6 million if sales continue to grow.