By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Wii or Playstation 3?

Soriku said:
twesterm said:
Sorrow880 said:
PS3...I prefer the playstation exclusives (I'd give my right nut for FFXIII, WKS, & GoW3)...just my personal opinion, so don't flame me!!!

I'm not saying anything bad about any of those games, but:

FFXIII: Early 2009 if you're lucky, probably more like mid 2009.
White Knight Story (assuming that's what WKS is): 2009 at the earlieist
GoW3: Hasn't even been officially announced yet (not Jaffe running his mouth but official press releasE), no earlier than mid 2009.

Again, don't buy a console for games that are coming out more than a year from now.

No way, WKS is coming next year. And GoW3 is still coming.

WKS: I'll believe an 08' release when I see it.
GoW3: Never said it wasn't going to come, just saying it's a long ways off.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Go to gametrailers since its more relaible when it comes to the members.

<translation>

More people there will suggest you get a PS3 than here, which I require for me to feel comfortable with my purchase and viewpoints.

</translation>

The fact of the matter is that it depends on the games you want NOW, since you are getting the console NOW.  Buying a PS3 now for the games that will come out is ludicrous as its guarenteed to be cheaper when the games are actually on the market. 

Not sure you will be able to find either w/o a bundle however...

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

Well, at least it seems you should know what to expect from Wii so you should be able to decide for yourself if it is worth spending the money. I don't know what other games for PS3 you would be interested in, but if it is only those 3 games then spending 400-500 dollars at the moment seem to be a very big investment to me. Actually if you buy a Wii now and a PS3 somewhere in 2009 you might end up spending almost the same amount for both consoles compared to just buying a PS3 now. Of course taking your avatar in consideration it does mean you'll have to wait a lot longer before you can play the next Metal Gear Solid, I don't know if it is a big problem for you. Although you would at least get to play with Snake in SSBB to soften up the pain

Eventually it all ends up what your gaming preferences are. Did you favour either Gamecube or the PS2 last generation? And specifically the exclusives on both systems which are most likely to end up being exclusives again this generation, cause you will already get all the multiplatform games for your 360 so they shouldn't influence your decision.

To you people saying the PS3 will be cheaper: it's not going under $350 within the next few years and it's going to stay at $399 for a good while. I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near $250 until near the end of its life cycle.

I would get a Wii as you have already made the tough choice between 360 and PS3 which share so much content that I would find making that choice hard. If it is really that hard of a choice for you why buy either right now. If you have a 360 you just got a glut of quality content, unless you have already finished it all, you can just play through that and wait a bit and see how things go and spend some more time deciding what you really want from your second console.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Around the Network

Does leo-j work for gametrailers now or something?

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it depends on what type of games you like more,i have to say what games did you like more last gen zelda,mario,metroid and SSBM or MGS,FF,GTA,GOW ofcourse there are alot more but like i said it depends on your taste

twesterm said:
To you people saying the PS3 will be cheaper: it's not going under $350 within the next few years and it's going to stay at $399 for a good while. I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near $250 until near the end of its life cycle.

I think it will be. It'll probably hit $349, if not even lower, before the end of next year, and the SIXAXIS will almost certainly be removed in favor of the DualShock 3 in subsequent bundles. I think it goes without saying that the current 40Gb SpiderMan 3 bundle has a limited shelf life.

Sony has to hit $299 at some point. That's the magic pricepoint that would precipitate a huge upswing in PS3 sales.

twesterm said:

Do you think it will still be at the same price point next holiday? I really don't believe it, even if Sony doesn't want to drop their price they will likely be forced to do so by Microsoft. Cause 360 will definitely get a price drop somewhere next year, and Sony will need to follow or just leave the console business altogether.

It depends if you want graphics go with the PS3 if you want fun go with the wii. I personaly think the wii is better