By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Wii or Playstation 3?

Last generation, I owned a Gamecube and a PS2. Not that I didn't like the Xbox since I borrowed it from friends from time to time to play Fable, Halo 2, etc. This generation, I only have a Xbox 360 at the moment. I can only really have two systems and I'm not sure whether to get the Wii or the PS3. The Wii costs less, has Mario, Metriod, Zelda, and soon to have SSBB. But I'm not sure if getting a PS3 would be better in the long run with God of War III, MGS4, MGS Online, GT5, Ratchet & Clank, and so on.

With Christmas coming up soon, I don't have much time. Hell, I probably won't even find a Wii.

Around the Network

Wii, by far. 360 may get those ps3 games in the end if it keeps selling at this rate, except God of War 3 of course and GT5. lol. And the Wii is cheaper and you should be able to find one.

I would get the console with guaranteed good games now than a console with games that could easily be delayed, turn out bad (e.g. Lair). In the future, since PS3 is likely to remain i 3rd place for sales, companies will switch away their development efforts, so if anything Wii is the best bet for "the long run" too.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Well let me warn you there will be hundreds of Wii fanboys telling you to buy...A WII!

So try to look at every aspect:
-Functionality
-Controls
-Technology
-Multiplayer
-Games
-Price

I won't give my opinion since it's entirely you're choice but be sure of which one you want first before buying one of them.

I'd go with the Wii as it's great of when you have friends over, and 360 is great when your friends are at home.

Some great games notwithstanding, I don't think there's enough difference between PS3 and 360 to bother getting both.

Around the Network

I'd go Wii. PS3 and 360 are pretty much interchangeable. A year from now the difference between the 2 systems will be even less.

From your previous consoles and apparant game interests, I'm surprised you didn't get a PS3 and a Wii.

Meh, go with your gut.

I'd mainly want a PS3 for the exclusives.

Since you already have a 360 I would go with the Wii. 360 and PS3 are going to share a lot of the same games and you'll miss out on all the important Wii games that can't (or shouldn't) appear on the 360 and PS3.

I was going to get a Wii back in 06, but I couldn't find it ANYWHERE, so I just got a 360. The PS3's 600 dollar price tag was a huge turn off, there was no way I was going get it.