By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Oh you guys, and this is why I focus on the software now.

Eh heh... but awesome sales for Reach of course. No need to go beyond that.

Move seemed to produce a boost in the PS3 across the reigions, so congrats to that.

And Wii, well... Wii's got little going for it right now I guess. Happened to every console thus far, but now it's Wii's turn.

Game like Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country, Just Dance 2, and Epic Mickey are going to be more important than ever for the Wii for this holiday season. It'll be interesting for sure.

Around the Network

Halo Reach fails to meet my lofty expectations, but then again, I had VERY VERY high expectations, and it was easily met by the NA number, but PAL and Japan are going to be flat, and I expected better results from those regions.  With that said...WOW to the numbers posted anyway, in the consoles pushed and the software sales.  I guess Halo is STILL a premiere brand, and that does not look to change in the future.  We will ahve to see how next week drops off to know the future, but so far, these numbers are quite impressive.  I guess M$ spin doctors weren't kidding about this being the biggest game of the year.  We will have to see what COD can do on the 360, but regardless, 360 might have two 3 million sellers in week one...amazing!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:

Halo Reach fails to meet my lofty expectations, but then again, I had VERY VERY high expectations, and it was easily met by the NA number, but PAL and Japan are going to be flat, and I expected better results from those regions.  With that said...WOW to the numbers posted anyway, in the consoles pushed and the software sales.  I guess Halo is STILL a premiere brand, and that does not look to change in the future.  We will ahve to see how next week drops off to know the future, but so far, these numbers are quite impressive.  I guess M$ spin doctors weren't kidding about this being the biggest game of the year.  We will have to see what COD can do on the 360, but regardless, 360 might have two 3 million sellers in week one...amazing!

I personally think they're more than 'quite impressive'. That's some amazing number if ya ask me. Like you don't see Exclusives selling 3 Mil in one region in first week a lot at all and yes it was expected of course for Reach to do so.

And unless MS decides to milk the shit out of Halo and release a Halo game per year, Halo is going to be a premiere brand with high quality games with the sales and reviews to prove it.

"More "hard work" went into making Wii Play than went into making Shadow of the Colossus, Monster Hunter 3, Portal, Little Big Planet, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid: Other M, every Halo game, every single Legend of Zelda game and every 3D Mario."

Try another strawman, since that is not the context of the hard work comments.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:

"More "hard work" went into making Wii Play than went into making Shadow of the Colossus, Monster Hunter 3, Portal, Little Big Planet, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid: Other M, every Halo game, every single Legend of Zelda game and every 3D Mario."

What are you talking about....It takes alot of effort & time into puting out a-half game with last gen graphics!!!

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:

"MS and Sony haven't worked hard, Bobby Kotick did all the hard work."

"I'm sorry, who's delivered a 10M seller every year for MS?

MS or Activision?"

I think it's pretty obvious what context his "hardwork" comments are in.

Lyrikalstylez said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

What are you talking about....It takes alot of effort & time into puting out a-half game with last gen graphics!!!

Well making it something that appeals to over 20 million people still can't be that easy (or else it would be replicated by third parties), even if the other games still took a lot more effort.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Whoa, this is a thread of epic seriousness. -_-'

C'mon, smile and be happy!

Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

"MS and Sony haven't worked hard, Bobby Kotick did all the hard work."

"I'm sorry, who's delivered a 10M seller every year for MS?

MS or Activision?"

I think it's pretty obvious what context his "hardwork" comments are in.

Then why leap from Halo and Call of Duty to Wii Play, when the context didn't relate to that game?

LordTheNightKnight said:

what other context can the the words " hard work " mean?

In fact, this is the laziest Nintendo has ever been, they are loaded with money, makes more than the other consoles, yet has had the dryest period of time wit no games than either the PS3 or 360. If Nintendo wanted 3rd party support they could have gotten it just like the other two, but they chose not to. Don't get me wrong, they make great games, and games to sell well to its market, but they no longer make the best games.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)