By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More 3ds specs leaked

What about films? How the f**k are you meant to store downloadable games AND films?

We really need to find out about flash cards, and how they're locked for 3DS use exclusively.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:

What about films? How the f**k are you meant to store downloadable games AND films?

We really need to find out about flash cards, and how they're locked for 3DS use exclusively.

Streaming? Retail cards?  I would expect options for films that extend beyond pure paid downloads.  Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if we also get a Netflix announcement on the 29th.

megaman79 said:

*looks at megaman79 sig...*

just wait a few days?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Wow 1.5 GB of internal flash memory is quite a lot for the portable. Considering that there will be also an SD expansion slot we could have up to 5 Gbs. Even more if it supports SDHC...

As for the rest of the specs, it is useful for dick measuring once PSP2 comes out. Because a powerfull system is what matters for market dominance and best games, like we can see in the current gen.

LordTheNightKnight said:
disolitude said:

Im shocked that everyone is stuck on 1.5 GB of freekin save memory...who cares about that?

Its the CPU/GPU/RAM that you should be concerned about...and so far I am not that imperssed.

64 ram 4 meg for Video ram? Is thst a joke? As a comparison, Zune HD/Iphone 1.0 come with 128 MB of ram and don't have to fill 2 screens or have 3D...

CPU seems pretty good, but seems severely underclocked...

Those are not dedicated for game, and cost a hell of a lot more.

Do they? I picked up a 32 GB Zune HD last month for 199...

Sure it doesn't have 2 screens, but it has 32 GB memory, exact same cpu with an arm7 cpu as well, 128mb of ram and a single OLED screen.

I'm not trying to take away anything from nintendo, im sure they will deliver a quality system...they always do as they get the great games. But its not really blowing me away with specs...

Around the Network
megaman79 said:

I would bet some sort of reformatting of the memory to a type that's non-readable by PCs, or at least non-readable beyond a .BIN sort of thing

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

disolitude said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
disolitude said:

Im shocked that everyone is stuck on 1.5 GB of freekin save memory...who cares about that?

Its the CPU/GPU/RAM that you should be concerned about...and so far I am not that imperssed.

64 ram 4 meg for Video ram? Is thst a joke? As a comparison, Zune HD/Iphone 1.0 come with 128 MB of ram and don't have to fill 2 screens or have 3D...

CPU seems pretty good, but seems severely underclocked...

Those are not dedicated for game, and cost a hell of a lot more.

Do they? I picked up a 32 GB Zune HD last month for 199...

Sure it doesn't have 2 screens, but it has 32 GB memory, exact same cpu with an arm7 cpu as well, 128mb of ram and a single OLED screen.

I'm not trying to take away anything from nintendo, im sure they will deliver a quality system...they always do as they get the great games. But its not really blowing me away with specs...

I believe Zune, Iphone, Itouch and Ipad all use Solid State Drives not Flash Drives .

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Funny how the people having hands on with the DS along with the devs are praising the 3DS.

Meanwhile, the ones bashing it knows exactly how weak the system is by just looking at specs.

zarx said:
Nintendogamer said:

So this is like GBA to DS in terms of WOW, lot of memory indeed :o, more so than Wii lol.

I think the Wii has it beat 

Well yeah, Nintendo would never make the 3DS as powerful as the Wii. what they likely have been aiming for is to make it able to play Wii games with no reduction in quality. Even taking into account the two screens, the 3DS will still output less pixels than the Wii does, and thus it can play the same games with the same effects and amount of stuff on screen using less powerful components.

Galaki said:

Funny how the people having hands on with the DS along with the devs are praising the 3DS.

Meanwhile, the ones bashing it knows exactly how weak the system is by just looking at specs.

Don't you judge us... we ain't looking at specs... were looking at specs leaked by uncle Bobby's second cousin daughter from China!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)