By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 18 September 2010

I noticed that while Halo Reach sold 952k and Halo 3 sold 908k first week, that doesn't tell the whole story. According to Wikipedia, Halo 3 launched in the EU on a Wednesday (September 26th, 2007). We know Halo Reach launched worldwide on Tuesday (September 14th, 2010). I just thought this was interesting, because it means that on a day-by-day basis, it would appear that Halo 3 probably actually sold practically exactly the same (or perhaps a little better) than Reach has. I know that we can only take first week sales as is, and I'm not trying to suggest we should consider Reach to have gained some sort of "unfair advantage" or anything I like. I just think it's something to consider when looking at the lifetime sales, because it's quite possible (probable, even?) that first week sales for Reach will make up a slightly larger portion of total lifetime sales than for Halo 3, as the opening week was slightly longer. Just food for thought.

Great Reach (and 360) sales though. The 360 is certainly in demand, and a full-fledged Halo release was probably the best thing Microsoft could possibly release to sustain/increase sales (other than some massive, must-have, new IP or something).

Around the Network

Does anyone here want to bet that thread is going to be longer than Worldwide up?

Above: still the best game of the year.

zgamer5 said:
algorith said:
zgamer5 said:
johnglen said:
zgamer5 said:

i expected more by reach numbers, ofcourse numbers in na will be much higher then halo 3 but this shows you that the franchise is only massive in the us,

Yeah, 1 million in one week (non-holiday week at that)  shows that the franchise is not massive in Europe ??

Sony fanboys sure have some weird criteria judging the success of things !!!

it sold 50k more then halo 3, a game which came out 3 years ago, i expected more.

does anyone disagree that halo isnt massive in europe? halo 3 sold 8 million in the us, 3 million in eu. the 5% increase shows that the franchise didnt go in europe(although i expect it to beat halo 3 sales in emeaa).

and considering this is halo 1 million isnt something to brag about.

and im not a sony fanboy :)

What sales numbers does a game have to push in a week in EU so that you'd consider it massive?

if you round it up it would be 2 million. do the math.

So, how many massive games (2 million a week) in the EU market are there this generation? 

algorith said:
zgamer5 said:
algorith said:
zgamer5 said:
johnglen said:
zgamer5 said:

i expected more by reach numbers, ofcourse numbers in na will be much higher then halo 3 but this shows you that the franchise is only massive in the us,

Yeah, 1 million in one week (non-holiday week at that)  shows that the franchise is not massive in Europe ??

it sold 50k more then halo 3, a game which came out 3 years ago, i expected more.

does anyone disagree that halo isnt massive in europe? halo 3 sold 8 million in the us, 3 million in eu. the 5% increase shows that the franchise didnt go in europe(although i expect it to beat halo 3 sales in emeaa).

What sales numbers does a game have to push in a week in EU so that you'd consider it massive?

So, how many massive games (2 million a week) in the EU market are there this generation? 

actually its 1.5 and higher since when you round it up it reaches 2 million. off the top of my head their is mw2. that makes it one unless gta4 has 3.5 million sales in eu.

i dont know why but you people seem to think that massive=big.

big is from 1.5 to 3.49. massive is from 3.5 and higher.

halo isnt massive in the eu its big.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
algorith said:
zgamer5 said:
algorith said:
zgamer5 said:
johnglen said:
zgamer5 said:

actually its 1.5 and higher since when you round it up it reaches 2 million. off the top of my head their is mw2. that makes it one unless gta4 has 3.5 million sales in eu.

Are these the universally accepted definitions of "big" and "massive" when discussing the one week totals of video game sales? Or is this just your definition that you are trying to convey?

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
toadslayer72 said:
zgamer5 said:
algorith said:
zgamer5 said:
algorith said:
zgamer5 said:
johnglen said:
zgamer5 said:

Are these the universally accepted definitions of "big" and "massive" when discussing the one week totals of video game sales? Or is this just your definition that you are trying to convey?

mainly my defination.

:P

Hmm... Wonder when Americas numbers will be up...

zgamer5 said:
toadslayer72 said:
zgamer5 said:
algorith said:
zgamer5 said:
algorith said:
zgamer5 said:
johnglen said:
zgamer5 said:

mainly my defination.

Well, those are some exceedingly high standards you have. Actually, more like unrealistic.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
zgamer5 said:
toadslayer72 said:
zgamer5 said:
algorith said:
zgamer5 said:
algorith said:
zgamer5 said:
johnglen said:
zgamer5 said:

mainly my defination.

Well, those are some exceedingly high standards you have. Actually, more like unrealistic.

if its ltd sales its diffrent. but those are my region sales.

if you look at it gears 2 4 million in na its massive. halo 3 8 million its massive. and cow mw2 is massive in both reasions as its 3.5 million .

and gta4 is massive in na( i dont know eu numbers)

other then that their arent really massive titles on the hd consoles.

zgamer5 said:
huaxiong90 said:
zgamer5 said:
toadslayer72 said:
zgamer5 said:
algorith said:
zgamer5 said:
algorith said:
zgamer5 said:
johnglen said:
zgamer5 said:

mainly my defination.

if its ltd sales its diffrent. but those are my region sales.

if you look at it gears 2 4 million in na its massive. halo 3 8 million its massive. and cow mw2 is massive in both reasions as its 3.5 million .

and gta4 is massive in na( i dont know eu numbers)

other then that their arent really massive titles on the hd consoles.

I know what you're talking about, and again, they're unrealistic.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!