By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid: Other M ruined gaming's greatest heroine ? Agree or not ?

Retro's going to be pumping out DKCR games for the next five years at least.  On Wii, 3DS and Wii 2.

Around the Network

-rolls eyes- This again, eh? Another hyperbolic article slamming a character who doesn't sink to the level of boring, generic, Mary Sue badass like Marcus Fenix, Master Chief, or Bayonetta.

In all honesty Sakamoto should continue with Other M's gameplay style as it has HUGE potential. I also want him to continue developing Samus, though he does need to cut down on the cutscene length and exposition. Nothing wrong with the characterization though

GOD  this Controversy  has to end now

watch this

http://screwattack.com/videos/TGO-Episode-40-Heavens-to-Metroid

and if retro ever decided to make a metroid game, they better not make a fucking first person metroid game, even though i like the Prime series but its kinda fucked up that my most favourite franchises has turned into my most hated genre in gaming

IxisNaugus said:
the_bloodwalker said:

Other M is not a bad game overall, but it killed the franchise

How does this even work. Please explain. Or are you saying it's bad by Metroid standards, in which case the franchise is still perfectly fine.

Is not fine when the creator and Nintendo call Other M the true Sequel to Super Metroid. This game even goes against the previous games (Not counting the prime series)  in terms of story.  The game is only a metroid one by name, but the franchise has been hurt seriously from the potential it could have as a 2D metroid

jarrod said:

Retro's going to be pumping out DKCR games for the next five years at least.  On Wii, 3DS and Wii 2.

I hope not. waste of talent on a useless game.

Around the Network

How did Metroid: Other M ruin either of these?

*is confused*

God I hope they don't make Link talk now...

Bombs will go off!!

How did Metroid: Other M ruin either of these?

*is confused*

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Hey this is totally off what you guys are talking about but why is Metroid: Other M called Metroid: Other M. Why "Other M"? I mean it has nothing to do with the text of the first metroid game. I assumed that some metroid had escaped sr38 and breeded or something when the name was announced. The metroids were cloned from the baby hatchling which everyone knows about. Or were they going for the acronym MOM since they wanted Samus to have maternal feelings towards the metroid hatchling.

Turning her into a cry baby instead of a badass maybe they got a point.