By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So is final fantasy versus 13 staying exclusive?

There's a conference in January just for the FNC series of games.

So it could be there.

If not, E3.

If it's not announced at E3 next year. It's gonna be like MGS4 probably.

In other words, it will be getting announced for the 360 at every game show, and someone will bet there house on it.

Around the Network

It will probably go multiplatform which is good for everyone... Xbox 360 gamers get to enjoy the game, Square Enix makes more money, and PS3 gamers get to share a game with another console.

if we don't here an annoncement of it going multiplat by E3 2011, then I think it will remain exclusive

Himan11 said:
VXIII said:
January 11 , 2011

That's my birthday!!! 

and also the fabula nova crystalis conference, I agree they will announce multi there with another 360 exclusive FF game there too. Then Square will not have any PS3 game in their catalog for the rest of PS3 life...

That makes no sense at all, its like COD becoming PS3 exclusive. Japanese first week release of FFXIII sold more copies than numbers of 360's in Japan. 

Legend11 said:

It will probably go multiplatform which is good for everyone... Xbox 360 gamers get to enjoy the game, Square Enix makes more money, and PS3 gamers get to share a game with another console.

How is that good for PS3 owners? It is not. Sure good for 360 owners and good for SE but not good for PS3 owners.

Around the Network

I dont think so. There will be a multiplat announcement by the next Sqaure Enix event for sure

one of the guys from square (i cant remember who maybe someone can help me out) stated that it is being developed primarily for the ps3 and a port may be possible but not certain at this time

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

cloud1161 said:

one of the guys from square (i cant remember who maybe someone can help me out) stated that it is being developed primarily for the ps3 and a port may be possible but not certain at this time

I wouldn't call Nomura " a guy from SE " , Nomura is the Director, base story, concept game design, and character designer of Versus XIII , the creator of kingdom Hearts series , and the one who will bring back the glorious days of SE :)

I believe it is staying exclusive, no reason not too think that.

If Multiplat doesn't happen on Jan 11 2011, then it'll be Exclusive.

Remember people, there's a debate about a port at Square Enix right now.