By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prelim PS MOVE Sales IN! (140K Worldwide)!! Are you pleased?!!

Prelim PS MOVE Sales IN! (140K Worldwide)!! Are you pleased?!!

AMAZING SALES 161 23.27%

BOOO! 119 17.20%

MEH! 412 59.54%

Total:692
Euphoria14 said:

Guys, what I am saying is that VGC numbers as of right now are not a good indication of what Move did during launch. They are preliminary and going by history here "preliminary" could very well mean it ends up selling much more than the 140k reported.

Some of you guys need to really take a chill pill.

No what you were saying is that amazon is sold out and it's not , simple as that.

As far as the U.K goes we've already read about the effect of reach in 360 hardware sales
while there's complete silence about the effect of move in the ps3 sales. That speaks volumes...

Around the Network
johnglen said:
Euphoria14 said:

Guys, what I am saying is that VGC numbers as of right now are not a good indication of what Move did during launch. They are preliminary and going by history here "preliminary" could very well mean it ends up selling much more than the 140k reported.

No what you were saying is that amazon is sold out and it's not , simple as that.

As far as the U.K goes we've already read about the effect of reach in 360 hardware sales
while there's complete silence about the effect of move in the ps3 sales. That speaks volumes...

Are you seriously comparing a well known, established and extremely popular franchise to a new accessory that has yet to prove itself to the general public and one that Sony probably should have pushed a little harder? 

Rainbird said:

thismeintiel said:

But again, very puzzling how VGC would begin counting only unique users to Eye and Move as the official numbers. 

It's not puzzling. VGC provide numbers to those they matter to. Developers will want to know how big the install base for the Move which means the amount of households that can play their game with a Move. The total sales are not all that relevant to them, that's why VGC does as it does.

You must have shit a break then with how this place tracked 360 slim sales compared to software ties and bumps then.

Dont act like this place has ever tracked unique sales in any such way, please, its embarassing to us who have been here long enough to know your entire post is BS. VGChartz data is to support developers? Where do you come up with this stuff?

thismeintiel said:
johnglen said:
Euphoria14 said:

Are you seriously comparing a well known, established and extremely popular franchise to a new accessory that has yet to prove itself to the general public and one that Sony probably should have pushed a little harder? 

Yes . I bet that when kinect comes out it will have a dramatic positive effect on 360 hrdware sales , from day 1 of its release.

steverhcp02 said:
Rainbird said:

thismeintiel said:

But again, very puzzling how VGC would begin counting only unique users to Eye and Move as the official numbers. 

It's not puzzling. VGC provide numbers to those they matter to. Developers will want to know how big the install base for the Move which means the amount of households that can play their game with a Move. The total sales are not all that relevant to them, that's why VGC does as it does.

You must have shit a break then with how this place tracked 360 slim sales compared to software ties and bumps then.

Dont act like this place has ever tracked unique sales in any such way, please, its embarassing to us who have been here long enough to know your entire post is BS. VGChartz data is to support developers? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Thank you for your time, now read my post again and realize why that time was totally wasted.

I don't know if VGChartz is actually selling these numbers yet, but I know ioi plan to make money from the numbers by selling them to publishers, developers and who else might be interested (if it isn't happening already). Clearly you would know this since you have been here for so long though...

Anyway, that's what I meant by "VGC provide numbers to those they matter to.". Developers and publishers are some of the people they matter to, and to them, the total sales of the peripheral hardly matters. They want to know how many PS Eye-Move combinations are out there, so they can gauge how big the userbase might be if they choose to use it.

In fact, just to prove how right I am, look at this:

ioi said:

This isn't really open to debate.

We are not going to be "tracking" Move since we don't track any other peripheral publically on the site. What we will be doing is offering periodic updates on Move and Kinect penetration / userbase which is what matters to developers / investors etc.

From this thread.

But you already knew all this, because you've been here for so loooooooooooong...

kthxbai

Around the Network

wow very mature response. Its clearly a completely different way of tracking which has never taken place before as evident by the confusion and multiple clarifications by ioi in the thread....... and the thread was created when i was at class this morning. So please spare me your hostile, toddler nanernaner, response like its common knowledge.

But in light of that thanks for the link.

steverhcp02 said:

wow very mature response. Its clearly a completely different way of tracking which has never taken place before as evident by the confusion and multiple clarifications by ioi in the thread....... and the thread was created when i was at class this morning. So please spare me your hostile, toddler nanernaner, response like its common knowledge.

If you wanted a mature response, you should have written a mature post.

EDIT: And you're welcome about the link.

CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:
Euphoria14 said:

I predict meltdowns soon. Reports are going around that Bestbuys in the western half of the US are reporting sold out on Move, Amazon is sold out as well as others.

Do not take VGChartz preliminary  numbers at face value. I do not say this as a dig against VGChartz but just look at recent events.

Japan preliminary numbers are consistently off. Then take a look at PS3 Slim launch. First VGC reports said 400k PS3 were sold that week, then as the week went by it went from 400k to 450k and eventually up to around 600k sold.

So you should all relax before spouting out about who is wrong and who is right because for all we know these numbers are way way off.

According to  biased PlayStation site and none of us know for certain how many units were shipped to those locations.

What site?

He's not worth it. Don't bother.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Rainbird said:
steverhcp02 said:

If you wanted a mature response, you should have written a mature post.

EDIT: And you're welcome about the link.

You have to remember i wrote that without having seen that thread so its pretty out of context.

I was legitimately asking where you came up with the developer thing though, sorry if it came across as snide at the end :)

But it seems the debate is going on in that thread about the tracking so best to keep this one on topic.

This thing is losing its position in Amazon fast, it doesn't look good at all.