By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prelim PS MOVE Sales IN! (140K Worldwide)!! Are you pleased?!!

Prelim PS MOVE Sales IN! (140K Worldwide)!! Are you pleased?!!

AMAZING SALES 161 23.27%

BOOO! 119 17.20%

MEH! 412 59.54%

Total:692

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82122/playstation-move-preliminary-sales-figures-in

Decent sales I guess

Hopeful for legs!!!

It did 140K week 1

80K in EU.....60K in NA!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

it came out SEP 17TH in NA, so these are technically day one sales for NA

mM

Most retailers didn't even seem to get them in, necessarily...Had to go to multiple stores for my stuff

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Decent opening but largely very MEH.

But it does seem Move will sell enough hardware to receive development support from third parties which is great for Move owners.  I think as a whole Move will be successful but do very little in terms of challenging the Wii solely because of PS3's motion control.  

Day one sales for America... almazing.

And by the article was counting only PS Move PS Eye... addictional PS Move or other not.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

But it does seem Move will sell enough hardware to receive development support from third parties which is great for Move owners.  I think as a whole Move will be successful but do very little in terms of challenging the Wii solely because of PS3's motion control.  

I disagree..

my prediction stands as it is

mM

Good start IMO. Like many (and actually Sony themselves) I expect Move to be more successful in the long run, and therefore it's definitely not a bad start. Now I'm curious how Move will sell in the next few weeks.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

uhh it didn't sell as much as the IPAD week 1 or for a completely unecessary reference halo reach!... dunno what that means.

Um,... what happens if it doesn't sell? is it pspgo2?

I hope it does well so darth's dog will enjoy himself

leo-j said:
BenVTrigger said:

I disagree..

my prediction stands as it is

name me ONE single reason why the Move would cause PS3 to outsell the Wii.  I'm not saying PS3 can't start outselling WIi but if it does it will be for reasons other than Move.

Why would an average consumer pay 200 more dollars to play motion controls on the PS3?  Even if they're more responsive?  Most mainstream consumers don't care and the Wii's success isn't just because of motion control its because Nintendo perfected how to target that demographic with software and advertising as well.

I think Move will be a great success BUT really does nothing in terms of taking sales away from the Wii. 

Keep in mind that this is day one!

Amazing!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson