By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How did you finish the fight? *Reach Spoilers*

*Only read this thread if you've fully beaten Halo: Reach*

Hello everyone! I was rather surprised that no one's made this thread yet. If someone HAS, do let me know and provide a Link so we all know where to go.

I want to talk about the very last stage in Halo Reach. Yes, the one that is AFTER the credits. How did you finish the fight? When I saw the intro cutscene, and then the objective "survive" pop up, I instantly knew what it meant, and my heart sank like a rock. I was playing co-op with my best friend and we both instantly said "oh..." as our moods flew down the tube. I wanted to just drop my controller on the ground, to be honest, but I had to fight to help my friend survive. 2 minutes later and he ended up dying while I was rushing to his side. I just slowly dropped my controller and gave up. Yeah... that's right. :( I gave up.

This is the first time any Halo game has ever drawn any sort of sadness out of me. Even in the darkest hour of the other games, we always laugh and have fun like it's a game, but in Reach it was different. For instance, I only play Halo 3 with the "Happy Birthday Grunt" skull on, but in Halo Reach I refuse to turn it on, it completely detracts from the game.

So, how did everyone else finish the fight? Did you go out like a true badass, down to your very last breath, or did you succumb to your fate and give up knowing you had no way to win?

Or... did you try running away from the battlefield to see if there was any way to escape?

EDIT: If the description of how you went out doesn't match any of the above, do explain. ^_^

Around the Network

Spartan's never die. They're just missing in action. ;)

That's how I went out.

Yeah I actually tried to run away...

anyway I fighted until I died, though I was actually surprised when it was over. I had the feeling that I still had some health left...

I used the turret until I was being overrun then I did a shoot and run method.  Kill some guys, run away for a few feet then shoot some guys, then run a few feet, etc... until death.

So this is a CC like ending? That made me very sad, the inevitability of your death looming over you....

Having said that, aren't you really just starting the fight?

Around the Network

I tried to fight.  I sniped an elite and a few grunts, but was then very quickly surrounded by a bunch more elites...

Very very depressing ending.  And the first time in Halo I truly felt sad, not gonna lie seeing Noble 6 fight to the bitter end like that litteraly almost brought a tear to my eye.

I fought as hard as possible knowing the end was coming but wanting to take as many of those Covenant bastards with me as I could.  I wanted to exact as much revenge as possible for the fallen heroes of Noble Team.

"Spartans never die.  They're just missing in action."

Reach made me emotional throughout the entire game. I know when Emille was killed at the end there by the Elites while he was trying to save us I was so angry it was unbelievable.  I just went into a frenzy of killing and revenge.

Great ending...the entire SP was actually very refreashing from Halo 3 which I felt lacked a good pace.  I can see myself going through the SP a couple more times which is unusal for me with a FPS

In Suvrvie, I fought like a bastard to the end, and thought the death scene was really good and sad all at the same time.  Great game, great ending...nice work Bungie.

De85 said:

I tried to fight.  I sniped an elite and a few grunts, but was then very quickly surrounded by a bunch more elites...

Eventually Wraiths and stuff get involved making it impossible to survive.

The ending of Halo Reach truly stunned me....I only lasted about a minute before I died cause i was playing Legendary on solo and one of the dropships blasted me about 3 or 4 times and killed me.   But after the game was completely over I just sat there stunned for a couple of minutes.

I have to say that the reviewers who knocked Halo Reach for its story did not play that part of the game.