By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's your point of view in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bomb?

Severance said:
rocketpig said:
Severance said:

Killing is a crime no matter what excuse you make for it, you only kill yourself when you kill someone.

What kind of drug-addled utopia do you live in? Sometimes, there just isn't a choice.

While I'm against most wars, World War II is probably the best example of needing to fight and needing to kill.

i live in the Middle East, there is NO reason for war, how did WWII start? hitler was starting another war, so one thing led to another.

the bullshit i see here (middle east) right now is just as bad, everyone is just trying to rule the world.

so, Hitler started the war.  That means that the countries he invaded and the jews he slaughtered had no right to defend themselves?  Perhaps Germany didn't have a good reason to fight, but I'm pretty sure the other countries did.  Unless you are supportive of the holocaust and of a world ruled by Nazis?

Around the Network

The Japanese shouldn't have started a fight they couldn't finish. There was absolutely nothing wrong with dropping the bomb on Japan. You instigate a fight and you get what's comming to you.

On top of that dropping the bombs also saved a lot of lives that would have been lost had there been an invasion of Japan.

rocketpig said:
FreeTalkLive said:

I've of the opinion that all war is wrong in all cases.  The world would be a better place without war.

Obviously the world would be a better place without war. That statement is so obvious and vapid that it hurts.

How can war be wrong in all cases? Sometimes, other people force your hand. Do you really think Britain and France wanted to fight Germany? What do you suggest they should have done? Accepted German invasion and allowed the Nazis to pick through their "less desirable" citizens and execute them at will?

I understand pacifism. What I don't understand is naivete and the inability to understand that other people are bad and sometimes, they will try to kill you for no good reason.

Britain and France were unlikely to have been attacked had they not declared war on Germany after the invasion of Poland.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Hiroshima was picked on the morning because of the weather. It was one of a couple of cities that could have been bombed, but was the primary target.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

gergroy said:
Severance said:
rocketpig said:
Severance said:

Killing is a crime no matter what excuse you make for it, you only kill yourself when you kill someone.

What kind of drug-addled utopia do you live in? Sometimes, there just isn't a choice.

While I'm against most wars, World War II is probably the best example of needing to fight and needing to kill.

i live in the Middle East, there is NO reason for war, how did WWII start? hitler was starting another war, so one thing led to another.

the bullshit i see here (middle east) right now is just as bad, everyone is just trying to rule the world.

so, Hitler started the war.  That means that the countries he invaded and the jews he slaughtered had no right to defend themselves?  Perhaps Germany didn't have a good reason to fight, but I'm pretty sure the other countries did.  Unless you are supportive of the holocaust and of a world ruled by Nazis?

The same way people in the middle east have a right to defend themselves... but when they do it's regarded as terrorist acts unfortunately. This is how the world rolls i guess

Edit: Taliban not include. I definitely regard them as terrorists who have ruined the image of this region. Needed to clear that up before getting flamed :P

Around the Network
bazmeistergen said:
rocketpig said:
FreeTalkLive said:

I've of the opinion that all war is wrong in all cases.  The world would be a better place without war.

Obviously the world would be a better place without war. That statement is so obvious and vapid that it hurts.

How can war be wrong in all cases? Sometimes, other people force your hand. Do you really think Britain and France wanted to fight Germany? What do you suggest they should have done? Accepted German invasion and allowed the Nazis to pick through their "less desirable" citizens and execute them at will?

I understand pacifism. What I don't understand is naivete and the inability to understand that other people are bad and sometimes, they will try to kill you for no good reason.

Britain and France were unlikely to have been attacked had they not declared war on Germany after the invasion of Poland.

You have to be joking. Hitler wasn't going to stop after Poland, just like he didn't stop after Austria and just like he didn't stop after Czechoslavakia. It was appeasement that got western powers to that point in the first place and Hitler wasn't going to sit pat after taking over a huge chunk of central Europe.

Or do you think he aggressively pursued a Soviet pact in August of 1939 just "in case"? He knew he could only fight on one front and was going to actively pursue his revenge on the powers that put Germany in the state it was in after the Versailles Treaty.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

kopstudent89 said:
gergroy said:
Severance said:
rocketpig said:
Severance said:

The same way people in the middle east have a right to defend themselves... but when they do it's regarded as terrorist acts unfortunately. This is how the world rolls i guess

Edit: Taliban not include. I definitely regard them as terrorists who have ruined the image of this region. Needed to clear that up before getting flamed :P

You don't think invaded countries tried this tactic? The thing is that it DID NOT work against the Nazi machine, just as rebellions rarely work in the short term against invading forces that have no qualms with executing citizens en masse.

But to say that other governments should not step in to help their fallen allies is asinine, especially in the face of an evil so apparent as the Nazis. Sorry, but it is. People and nations have the right to defend themselves from slaughter, it's THAT SIMPLE.

rocketpig said:
kopstudent89 said:
gergroy said:
Severance said:
rocketpig said:
Severance said:

You don't think invaded countries tried this tactic? The thing is that it DID NOT work against the Nazi machine, just as rebellions rarely work in the short term against invading forces that have no qualms with executing citizens en masse.

But to say that other governments should not step in to help their fallen allies is asinine, especially in the face of an evil so apparent as the Nazis. Sorry, but it is. People and nations have the right to defend themselves from slaughter, it's THAT SIMPLE.

Who said i didnt?

Ah, I COMPLETELY misunderstood your point. This damned cold has my head in a fog for the fifth fucking day in a row.

gergroy said:
Severance said:
rocketpig said:
Severance said:

i didn't say that , i mean't that WWII didn't start from nothing, it started from another war, and that then everyone fought fire with fire, and that fire turned into hell, you see?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.