By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's your point of view in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bomb?

P_chan said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Severance said:

Killing is a crime no matter what excuse you make for it, you only kill yourself when you kill someone.

Killing is wrong. It's not always a crime. And you only kill someone when you kill someone. Lots of people who have killed are very much alive.

but their dead inside silly lol

I know thats what he meant, but it's just ideological dribble. Lots of people kill, and feel more alive for doing it, sadly.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
Severance said:

Killing is a crime no matter what excuse you make for it, you only kill yourself when you kill someone.

Killing is wrong. It's not always a crime. And you only kill someone when you kill someone. Lots of people who have killed are very much alive.

The only form of killing I can support is capital punishment and, to some extent, euthanization.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

At the time it was necessary. However I do not think they imagined that it would of been suck a big explosion and impact. Even the pilot who dropped it said he never expected it would cause so much damage.

Cobretti2 said:

Even the pilot who dropped it said he never expected it would cause so much damage.

Why the damn pilot should be expecting the damage? He was just a pawn after all. Decision makers were very well aware of A-bomb power, you can be sure about it.

Severance said:

What kind of drug-addled utopia do you live in? Sometimes, there just isn't a choice.

While I'm against most wars, World War II is probably the best example of needing to fight and needing to kill.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I've of the opinion that all war is wrong in all cases.  The world would be a better place without war.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

If it hadn't been there and then, it would have been somewhere else some time later, maybe deemed more justified, or maybe less. I don't think people would take the bomb as seriously as it is taken now if it had never hit a largely civilian target.
It did what it had to do for a quick capitulation of Japan.

WWII has never shied away from civilian deaths, it has around the same or more civilian than military casualties, and Japan's civilian ones are 1%-ish of the total.

FreeTalkLive said:

I've of the opinion that all war is wrong in all cases.  The world would be a better place without war.

Obviously the world would be a better place without war. That statement is so obvious and vapid that it hurts.

How can war be wrong in all cases? Sometimes, other people force your hand. Do you really think Britain and France wanted to fight Germany? What do you suggest they should have done? Accepted German invasion and allowed the Nazis to pick through their "less desirable" citizens and execute them at will?

I understand pacifism. What I don't understand is naivete and the inability to understand that other people are bad and sometimes, they will try to kill you for no good reason.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
FreeTalkLive said:

Obviously the world would be a better place without war. That statement is so obvious and vapid that it hurts.

How can war be wrong in all cases? Sometimes, other people force your hand. Do you really think Britain and France wanted to fight Germany? What do you suggest they should have done? Accepted German invasion and allowed the Nazis to pick through their "less desirable" citizens and execute them at will?

I understand pacifism. What I don't understand is naivete and the inability to understand that other people are bad and sometimes, they will try to kill you for no good reason.

In such times, we, as humanity, should band together and fight off the aggressors. Not worry about political ideals or let religious beliefs get in the way. Which, sadly, is what's happening with the world we know today.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

rocketpig said:

Do you really think Britain and France wanted to fight Germany?

No, they didn't. Instead, Britain and France to lesser extent wanted Germany to fight for them :P