By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1UP Impressions of DMC4 (PS3 Version Better?)

misteromar mk4 said:
I maybe wrong but isnt this game along way off. I get the feeling people are starting to look at this as hope for the ps3, but its too little to late.

This game launches on January 31st in Japan, February 5th in North America, and February 29th in the EU.

That's only 2 months away buddy.

Around the Network
eugene said:
Actually the entire term "pre alpha" itself is a joke to developers. The Alpha version is the first version. Pre means before. So pre alpha means before development. Its a fake word to con casuals and has nothing about game development. Its nothing but excuse for a bad showing. Research it and you will see.

you are a cute nublet arent you. *pinches cheek* I guess someone that actually has a sense of maturity has to educate the uneducated. 

I'll just use the example of the mod im testing for. 

BF:A 0.1 for BF2 Release Date ##/##/##::
70% 

version 0.1 is currently 70% done as you can see. when 0.1 is compete its the alpha version of the beta version which is 1.0. Since the alpha version isnt complete its in it's pre-alpha stages which would be version 0.0.7.  The buildof Killzone show was version 0.0.0.9 or something like that which is more of in the stages of a tech demo, pre-pre-alpha or the gamma stages of the build. 

BTW just so you cant tell me the 70% till 0.1 is done is bs I made here my source:

http://www.bfapocalypse.com/

happy to educate the simple minded. =] 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

i love xbox 360 said:
DALLINOR u just started this thread to start a fan boy war

it seems that he didnt. He was showing us what a preview of the game says about it which it rightfully a legit reason to post it. Its like posting any preview, or reviewfor any game. Its completely legit and posted to educate people about the game.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Dallinor said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Dallinor said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Just wow, from now on every single game that works better on the 360 we have to post!

nvm that would overflood the forums

Seriously it was being built on the ps3 then ported over, NO SUPRISE.
Also DMC has always been on the PS2 so why wouldnt it feel better on that?

absolute pointless thread

So far this has been a interesting thread, drawing a good few responses from the VG community, so I don't think you can justifiably call it pointless.

Not really having fanboys attack each other left and right

having people go o wow will be fixed by release blah blah

seriously this post was meant to stir crap.

Why then are you the only person pointing this out? A mod has even posted in here and found no problems.

In fact your posts are the only ones here that are causing any issues. Nobody is flaming or attacking each other here (yet).

The only reason you're complaing is becuase you don't like the news. You're unhappy or angered because it's negative towards your console of choice. Well deal with it buddy.

Yes SSj12 certainly is a non biased mod and isnt pro sony. Heck even if a non pro sony mod came in here they cant shut this down until it becomes a flame war, but your title suggests that you intended to make it become this.

No your post can easily create it, and they may not be attacking each other however you had no reason to add somg PS3 version is better. You should know how many times 360 owners did it and its annoying and pointless. I gave you reasons why.

Yea whatever man keep dreaming. Im stating the obvious if you like i will post any news on how games run better on the 360 to stir up shit like you are.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Neat, it will be interesting to see how the final game compares between systems.

Around the Network

Why are all the 360 fanboys (Lost and i love360 or whatever the hell..) getting pissed at this thread? i just watched the 1up preview as well and am glad dallinor took the iniative to create the thread. If he really wanted to stir p trouble he could have been like "yeah its gonna sell mor on ps3 cuz im like eugene and pull random numbers from my ass" or "haha lost odyssey flopped in japan why does ms even bother with japanese games?'' You 360 fanboys are the ones causing trouble here, not the creator.

Anyways, im stoked for dmc 4, tho i wish they would make the narritive a bit darker in tone, its just to whacky now it seems.

Lost tears of Kain said:
Dallinor said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Dallinor said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Just wow, from now on every single game that works better on the 360 we have to post!

So far this has been a interesting thread, drawing a good few responses from the VG community, so I don't think you can justifiably call it pointless.

Why then are you the only person pointing this out? A mod has even posted in here and found no problems.

In fact your posts are the only ones here that are causing any issues. Nobody is flaming or attacking each other here (yet).

The only reason you're complaing is becuase you don't like the news. You're unhappy or angered because it's negative towards your console of choice. Well deal with it buddy.

Yes SSj12 certainly is a non biased mod and isnt pro sony. Heck even if a non pro sony mod came in here they cant shut this down until it becomes a flame war, but your title suggests that you intended to make it become this.

No your post can easily create it, and they may not be attacking each other however you had no reason to add somg PS3 version is better. You should know how many times 360 owners did it and its annoying and pointless. I gave you reasons why.

Yea whatever man keep dreaming. Im stating the obvious if you like i will post any news on how games run better on the 360 to stir up shit like you are.

He didnt say omg the version is better. He put "PS3 version better?" and quoted and bolded points in which displayed the person reviewing the preview level of the game between both versions that gave the PS3 a slight edge.

This is going to be the same with UT3 and Haze. Someone will post a preview of both games showing that oen version is better then the other trying to actually post generally and non biasedly but get ripped apart by which ever side has the slightly less impressive game because they think the poster is trying to belittle the version of the game that they purchased or plan on purchasing. 

Lost tears of Kain said:
Dallinor said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Dallinor said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

Your level of fanboyism is overbearing.

Did you intervene in those 360 threads and say "this is pointless"?

There is a double standard here.

I'm the one stating the obvious, I'm giving news from a gaming website. I'm not putting my own spin on it, this is simply how it is. Complain to 1UP if you want.

You see unlike you, that wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

ssj12 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Dallinor said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Dallinor said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

He didnt say omg the version is better. He put "PS3 version better?" and quoted and bolded points in which displayed the person reviewing the preview level of the game between both versions that gave the PS3 a slight edge.

This is going to be the same with UT3 and Haze. Someone will post a preview of both games showing that oen version is better then the other trying to actually post generally and non biasedly but get ripped apart by which ever side has the slightly less impressive game because they think the poster is trying to belittle the version of the game that they purchased or plan on purchasing. 

That changes nothing if he had not however bolded the post displaying what was in his mind the most important info instead of the game itself then it might not have been starting crap

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Dallinor said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Dallinor said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Dallinor said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

Your level of fanboyism is overbearing.

Did you intervene in those 360 threads and say "this is pointless"?

There is a double standard here.

I'm the one stating the obvious, I'm giving news from a gaming website. I'm not putting my own spin on it, this is simply how it is. Complain to 1UP if you want.

You see unlike you, that wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Yes im the fanboy here i go into a post and instead of bolding info on the game i bold how one version is superior.

No not usually most of the time the sony fanboys are all over it and i dont fight them since i agree with them. If you like i will from now on ill try a bit harder.

You state the obvious thats fine, but rubbing it in is not.