By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1UP Impressions of DMC4 (PS3 Version Better?)

I will definately be picking this up when i buy my PS3. Really looking forward to it, i think from the begining of next year, and through out, we will be seeing the PS3 Shine.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network
Soriku said:
I use Shift when typing in all capitals Feels more comfortable IMO.

You do? Well then I rest my case

Edit: how the hell does holding one finger constantly on a key while typing feel more comfortable? It's more efficient to simply press the Caps lock button once, then turn it off when you're finished.

i love xbox 360 said:
WOW 1 GAME THAT WAS MADE FOR THE PS3 FIRST!!!!!!!!! THE WORLDS GONNA END SOON

I think you are forgetting about BurnOut.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

i love xbox 360 said:

If you did a little research outside of xbox.com and ILOVEMYCAPSLOCK.com you would actually see that more and more developers are switching to the PS3 being the lead console in a multiplatform game, apparently its because programming the game for the Cell, and putting all that effort into it, makes the programming better for the Xbox and easier to slap into it, also unlike porting from the 360 to the PS3 where the product is typically worse in the transition, there is no such beast for all intents and purposes when going from the PS3 to the 360.

The world wont end, but the days of the 360 version always being better are numbered.

ssj12 said:
i love xbox 360 said:

I think you are forgetting about BurnOut.

Ok my bad........ !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! WOW 2 GAME THAT WAS MADE FOR THE PS3 FIRST!!!!!!!!! THE WORLDS GONNA END SOON

Around the Network

Just wow, from now on every single game that works better on the 360 we have to post!

nvm that would overflood the forums

Seriously it was being built on the ps3 then ported over, NO SUPRISE.
Also DMC has always been on the PS2 so why wouldnt it feel better on that?

absolute pointless thread

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Well people, if I liked the Onimusha games do you think I will like the DMC series? I'm quite impressed by the DMC4 gameplay videos.

eugene said:
I'll attempt a Guerrilla games defense for the 360 version. Oh Oh Oh, this game play version is from the pre pre Alpha Beta Alpha Gamma version. In fact, we haven't even started pre- production on it yet. In fact we haven't even finished our hiring. Oh, when the final product hits, it will blow away anything else on the market.

Except Guerilla wasn't defending anything. People wanted to know when the game was coming out and they obviously didn't have an answer so they just let people know that it wasn't in alpha yet. Of course, why pay any attention to that when you can say stupid shit on the internet?

Lost tears of Kain said:
Just wow, from now on every single game that works better on the 360 we have to post!

nvm that would overflood the forums

Seriously it was being built on the ps3 then ported over, NO SUPRISE.
Also DMC has always been on the PS2 so why wouldnt it feel better on that?

absolute pointless thread

So far this has been a interesting thread, drawing a good few responses from the VG community, so I don't think you can justifiably call it pointless.

Deviation59 said:
eugene said:
I'll attempt a Guerrilla games defense for the 360 version. Oh Oh Oh, this game play version is from the pre pre Alpha Beta Alpha Gamma version. In fact, we haven't even started pre- production on it yet. In fact we haven't even finished our hiring. Oh, when the final product hits, it will blow away anything else on the market.

Except Guerilla wasn't defending anything. People wanted to know when the game was coming out and they obviously didn't have an answer so they just let people know that it wasn't in alpha yet. Of course, why pay any attention to that when you can say stupid shit on the internet?

Actually they had the absolute most to defend after their E3 2005 trailer was found to be a hoax and nothing but CGI. They have been on the defence ever since. And after E3 2007, after reviewers got a hold of their pre alpha beta gamma version, they gave it the worst A.I. award. Then they had to reassure the rest of the world that this is is a sorry version because they were so so so so so so so far from completion. The entire Killzone 2 is wrapped in more controversy than any game this generation. Except maybe Lair.