By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1UP Impressions of DMC4 (PS3 Version Better?)

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/16560

1UP got their hands on both the PS3 and 360 versions of DMC4. Here are some of the things they mention about their experiences with the two games:

"The first thing I noticed, the PS3 version looked better"

"You can tell this game is built on PS3, being moved over to the 360"

"I noticed some screen tearing on the 360 version"

"The moves are easier to pull off on the Sixaxis vs the 360 controller"

They also mention how they are excited about how Capcom is now ramping up their next-gen development. DMC4 is using a brand new engine that isn't just "up-res PS2 kinda stuff".

In addition to that they believe that DMC4 is looking better and more interesting then Ninja Gaiden 2, which isn't using things such as on-the-fly weapon and stance changing, and which doesn't look as visually impressive. They are also of the opinion that the combat system and gameplay overall will probably be better in DMC4.

Furthermore they mention that this outing in the series will be more user-friendly and more mainstream. It won't be "so fricken hard".

They do wish however that the tone of the narrative had changed "As much as I like the DMC series the story and cut-scenes are just laughable, the same stupid bullshit".

Could the PS3 version be the definitive version? I wasn't excited about this game much to begin with, but after seeing all the new in-game videos I'm starting to get interested. I have never played a DMC game before, but I really liked the Onimusha games, so if they are anything alike, I'll probably love it.

Around the Network

uhh, oh, that jhlennon1 is gonna have an orgasm now.

The screen tearing in the 360 version will most likely be resolved by the time it is released, but it's really no surprise it controls better on the PS3. I mean, the series was developed on the Dual Shock 2 controller, which is basically the same as the Sixaxis.

I'll attempt a Guerrilla games defense for the 360 version. Oh Oh Oh, this game play version is from the pre pre Alpha Beta Alpha Gamma version. In fact, we haven't even started pre- production on it yet. In fact we haven't even finished our hiring. Oh, when the final product hits, it will blow away anything else on the market.

I guess I will be buying it for my ps3 instead of my 360. They will probably fix the screen tearing, but if theres a noticeable difference in the controls then that will be the deciding factor for my purchase.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
Around the Network

The PS3 version will sell more worldwide, but I'm sure the 360 version will do better in America.

WOW 1 GAME THAT WAS MADE FOR THE PS3 FIRST!!!!!!!!! THE WORLDS GONNA END SOON

Cheat1011 said:
The screen tearing in the 360 version will most likely be resolved by the time it is released, but it's really no surprise it controls better on the PS3. I mean, the series was developed on the Dual Shock 2 controller, which is basically the same as the Sixaxis.

The game is being released in just two months time. Unfortunately, I don't think those sort of issues get ironed out in in the very last stage of development.

i love xbox 360 said:
WOW 1 GAME THAT WAS MADE FOR THE PS3 FIRST!!!!!!!!! THE WORLDS GONNA END SOON

Soriku said:

What is he was using Shift?

Then he's just an idiot...

@eugene- stop spamming my thread damnit!

Is nobody interested in their comparison between NG2 and DMC4?