By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Maybe Bad News for PAL territory purchasers of No More Heroes

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/wii/game/news/article.jsp?releaseId=2006121210125293056&articleId=20071206144142828051&sectionId=1006

Content:

It's hardly a crucial matter, but after recently playing the European version of No More Heroes - the assassination actioner from Killer 7 creator Suda 51 - we're a bit miffed about the lack of bloody violence. Especially since Suda had always promised the game could be "even more violent than Manhunt 2".

Ah. But that appears to refer to the American version, which features decapitations, ludicrously brilliant fountains of blood and other ultraviolent combat consequences. In Europe, we'll be playing the 'dead bodies turn to black ash' version, which is also released in Japan.

Why? Well, we asked the chaps who showed us the game, from publisher Rising Star Games, if the decision had been influenced by the BBFC's refusal to grant Manhunt 2 a Euro release. "Maybe," was their terse answer. Hmmm.

Still, if you're worried about if it's a big deal or not, check out our footage below, and then hit up the next page for the uncensored gory US gameplay. For our money, the game's still a stylish and enjoyable triumph. But we never say no to a bit of claret...

Comment: Well, this depends entirely on whether or not you like that much blood, although censored cut-scenes might be annoying thou. (Although shouldn't really that matter much)

Edit: Title should have been would-be purchasers.

Edit2: There's a video at the link showing the PAL version, then there's a short video from GameTrailers for the American version on Page 2.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network

@Soriku: Shouldn't affect by much, but who knows, almost everything else remain the same anyway. (Unless this turned out to have an option to turn on or off the blood)

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

A game like NMH deserves to be have the liberty of gallons of blood.

Ugh this is the same bullshit that went on with Hellgate London. I live in England, games that are rated appropriately should not be censored. I'm giving this miss.

SeriousWB is annoyed

bullshit. sometimes i hate living here.

Around the Network

That has gotta suck for you PAL guys. It would be pretty disheartening to know every top-notch blood/action game is going to be dumbed down for release in your territories. Censorship is going way too far nowadays.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Bah. The blood in the American version is so extravagant, that I might even prefer the ash clould version, but at least some blood would be nice.

I wish they'd make games with larger amounts of nudity and/or sex. That stuff always gets censored in the US and Japan, but nobody cares in Europe. =P

(I wonder how Soriku managed to see the clip of the US version, since you have to input your age...)

This game is awsome.

mM

It should be optional for all territories. Some people want the kill bill feel, some want the zelda feel, some people go back and forth between which they want. I'd like to have the option for those cases when the amount of lood is just too over the top, but sometimes that ash cloud just really loses the impact.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I'm not bothered by this, i'm even prefering it in thins case, but it should've been optional...