By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Maybe Bad News for PAL territory purchasers of No More Heroes

The game has Zack & Wiki failure written all over it. Third parties need to stick to porting over 2 and 3 year old sloppy seconds Playstation 2 titles.

Around the Network

How did Zack & Wiki fail?

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

Soriku said:
Parokki said:
Bah. The blood in the American version is so extravagant, that I might even prefer the ash clould version, but at least some blood would be nice.

I wish they'd make games with larger amounts of nudity and/or sex. That stuff always gets censored in the US and Japan, but nobody cares in Europe. =P

(I wonder how Soriku managed to see the clip of the US version, since you have to input your age...)

Uh...I lie about my age. It's not that hard to by-pass it you know.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.  I mean i'd guess 70% of people who click "You must be 18 or older to click here" links are 17 and younger.

I live Australis and Im still getting stiffed by the UK classifcation board, mind you the aussie board are crap too, no R rating for games.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

From what I read, the black cloud version is actually preferrable.

Around the Network

It's kinda annoying that all off Europe has to suffer because UK is censor-happy, but i saw a gameplay-video and it didn't really suffer

Let's face it: Europe is always screwed. I have started a petition  at http://www.petitiononline.com/nmh3r03s/petition.html I believe that it is useless but at least we can let them know that we are tired of this liberticide behavior. First of all, a game like No More Heroes needs blood: Of course it doesn't affect gameplay but the atmosphere of the game suffers the lack of blood. Even more important is the fact that after Manhunt 2 there is a dangerous behavior that allows the BBFC and similar organization to copletely censor a game making a publisher afraid of allowing mature contents. We (adults) are able to discern the truth from the fiction and we don't want someone to deny us any possibility. Want to play a bloodbath-like game? Do it, and accept the consequences (nothing). Just think to movies like Hostel or Kill Bill, why we can't be treated like the movie industry? Please sign the petition and, for the europeans please don't buy pal version of the game but the US version and mod your wii to play it. Normally I won't encourage wii modding but this absurd censorship is really pissing me off...

why do developers always screw PAL buyers,i feel sorry guys

Well, i watched the videos and really don't care. Of course, the bloody version looked more colorful and thefefore nicer. I didn't see it affecting gameplay... Anyway, it's not the amount of blood, why i'm planning to buy this game eventually.

@thebert: Wuss.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

ahhh, ffs! is this becomming a common occurance now? Developers are actually limiting their games in fear that if they dont their game will be censored? this is actually rediculous. All respect i ever had for the BBFC has been totally and utterly destroyed, censorship (except for certain cases) by the government should not be tolerated in my mind.

Edit: I dont see why they should censor it in fear tbh. Considering the graphical style of the game, it doesnt seem realistic, so i doubt that they would have anything to fear if they released the original copy of the game.