Gamasutra: XBOX360 ahead of PS3 Slim

Total:0

haha sooo true hahaha

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
paulrage2 said:

The sheaper X360 console = US$200,00

The sheaper PS3 console = US$ 300,00.

Well Sony should sell the PS3 without a hard drive.

Put in 4GB of flash memory.

Problem solved.

Only problem with that is that there might be a problem with playing Halo Reach offline coop...  Um... wait a minute...

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Mr Puggsly said:
paulrage2 said:

Problem solved.

Many PS3 games (mostly multiplatform) require installing. So removing the hard drive would be nonsense.

OT: Great achievement for sure, but that's only for NA, right? VGChartz has PS3slim ahead WW.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Jordahn said:
Mr Puggsly said:
paulrage2 said:

Problem solved.

Only problem with that is that there might be a problem with playing Halo Reach offline coop...  Um... wait a minute...

Wasn't the issue just with online co-op campaign? I didn't hear anything about offline co-op campaign. So if you can't do it online, get your friend over and do it split screen.

Anyhow, I think a lot of people would sacrifice online co-op campaign for a $199 PS3.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ok, let's be fair here. North America isn't the world, but guess what, one had a price cut and the other didn't, so it isn't a fair comparison in the other direction either. Of course, it seems like nobody here would like to admit that, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Jordahn said:
Mr Puggsly said:
paulrage2 said:

Problem solved.

Wasn't the issue just with online co-op campaign? I didn't hear anything about offline co-op campaign. So if you can't do it online, get your friend over and do it split screen.

Anyhow, I think a lot of people would sacrifice online co-op campaign for a $199 PS3.

Dude, that was just a joke since the specs you mentioned were comparable to the 360 slim Arcade.  Then I remember the Reach fiasco for that model for some users and just joked that PS3 owners might have that problem as well.  But as a joke again, PS3 users cannot play Halo Reach to begin with on the PS3.  Chill, man...

themanwithnoname said:

Ok, let's be fair here. North America isn't the world, but guess what, one had a price cut and the other didn't, so it isn't a fair comparison in the other direction either. Of course, it seems like nobody here would like to admit that, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

But when you consider the upgrade in the 360 Slim's hardware for the 250GB model, in principle it almost serves as a price cut.  Microsoft did once report of high sales in regards to accessories that included external hard drives and wireless adaptors.  So when those "accessories" are included with a newer model with the same price as a previous model, it's like getting a newer console for a cheaper price then adding those "accessories" to not exceed the same price of the previous model without the accessories.  It certainly makes the newer models a better buy than the older models in comparison at the same price.  So it's not about "fairness."  It's about reality.

Once again I guess NA = World?

Title is misleading, but either way the 360 is doing very very good since Slimline launch. Probably due to it's sexy Alienware style design.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

paulrage2 said:

Uh, but the first two months only the $300 360 S was available?  The 4GB didn't release until August...

Dude, RTFA!  It specifically mentions that the 1st month for the PS3 was August 2009 and only takes into consideration the few days that some stores put the PS3 Slim on shelves early.

"The Xbox 360 S model clearly demonstrates growth quite similar to that of the PS3 Slim, even though the comparison isn't perfect. In particular, the first month of the PS3 Slim was just barely in August 2009, when some systems arrived in stores just before the end of the NPD Group's reporting period. So, while sales were up modestly, the full effect was not felt until September."

Regardless, both have offered a boost bigger then either manufacturer was probably expecting.  We should be happy both consoles have sold so well.

PSN: GripnRip

Always up to game.

Get your Portable ID!