By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW Devil May Cry ANNOUNCED at TGS!! (young looking Dante)

NEW Devil May Cry ANNOUNCED at TGS!! (young looking Dante)

WOOF YEAH!! 60 29.41%

BOOO! 144 70.59%

Total:204

Fuck this. Make a new franchise instead, Capcom. Stop ruining your old, beloved ones.

Around the Network
A203D said:
hatmoza said:

I honestly like this look alot better, but then again it just shows you how attached gamers get to video game characters.

I don't like nor play DMC -so I like the new look

People who are DMC fans -"zommgg!!! I hate the new look omg damage control"

Its not so much that, i dont care much for DMC since Bayonetta and God of War, which are both pure awesomeness! but if you see pics of Dante from DMC2, he looks stylish and the white hair, the red trencoat are imo very cool design elements, and he was uniquely Japanese. but the new Dante looks a bit like a hobo. not cool at all, lol. 

yeah, there is nothing resembling the funny, dorky, cool as hell rogue that everyone LOVED. Dante is supposed to the cocky, FUN action hero who slings corny one-liners and wears flashy clothes.

As if he didn't look emo enough...

Alderxian said:

As if he didn't look emo enough...

/////Thread

our work is done here.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Haha, what is this shit? Devil Will Cry.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I seriously hope Ninja Theory changes Dante.

This is ridiculous. And I watched the trailer and it's bloody shit...

Soooo disappointed...

I feel bad for the true fans of Devil May Cry but...I personally think that Capcom should keep it this way and here is why...

I never played any of the D.M.C games but I have always had interest in them because it was another Capcom franchise.(Resident Evil franchise is my 2nd favorite of all time only behind Pikmin and is the only Capcom franchise that I have owned before) The old franchise did seem more Japanese based and the problem was it still sold better in America then in Japan and with this new Americanized look of the character and Gameplay could help it sell more then before. D.M.C.4 sold 1.3 Million on the P.S.3 and is no where near to the 2.7 Million of the 1st game on the P.S.2. Also this new look should get people's attention like it got mine and I am looking forward to watching how this game turns up in the end and it could be my 1st D.M.C buy. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I still stay true to my post and they should keep it this new way but this looks like it could be real and not a fake...creepy.

dont like the character design as much as old dante but everythng else looks rad. so quick to judge people lol.

Oh, and incidentally, how about we all take a look at Tameem Antoniades, the head of Ninja Theory?

HMM I WONDER WHERE THEY GOT THAT IDEA, GUYS.