By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360 4Gs Can't Play Reach's Co-Op

It is the same thing with Halo 3 and ODST. I am pretty sure that there will be a fix soon. :)

Around the Network
Doobie_wop said:

That's because most 360 fans would rather die than admit that Bungie or Microsoft did something stupid. It's an issue and I'm betting that all those casual gamers who bought the cheapest system on offer to play Halo aren't going to be happy when they find out they aren't getting a feature that everyone else is getting.

Ideally you would have online co-op campaign without the hard drive. But apparently the game was designed in a way that requries the cache. Does this MS and Bungie stupid? I don't think so.

If you could get a PS3 for only $199 and the only thing you could potentially lose is online co-op campaign in a few games. I think the PS3 would have closed the gap already.

Now obviously not requiring a hard drive for online co-op campaign is ideal. But it didn't work out that way and its not a big deal.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Squilliam said:
Reasonable said:

While the entry model analogy with cars is fair I don't like the idea of the concept creeping into consoles.  "oh, you need the more expensive version to play this popular game" - isn't something I ever wanted to experience with videogames.  Really, this gen has seen a lot of stuff that from a consumer perspective I dislike, such as overpriced DLC and some ridiculous timed exclusives and content.

Still, I also doubt it's any kind of conspiracy on MS - clearly for some engine related reason that mode needs more cache than the 4GB can allocate, which is a pity but I doubt something deliberately coded for.

Thankfully this only happens to a few titles, pity one of them is the platforms Marquee title.

EDIT: edit - given it's just one, less popular mode it's not huge either, just unwlecome in this particular title.

This concept already crept in with the PS1 memory card. Sure the console could be played without it and to all it did was allow you to access the save feature in most titles. Im sure you could probably come up with an even earlier example, this is hardly new for consoles and has existed since before Microsoft made the Xbox.

No, I think that's different - and worse!  The memory cards were a simple (but hugely effective) way of getting money after the initial console sale and it was a quite deliberate policy.

What I'm talking about here is having different console versions where the entry model isn't fully enabled for all games.  With the PS1/PS2 you're talking a deliberate and upfront seperate save memory store approach.

It's a fine split between the two but I believe they're different.  The 360 issue is pretty infrequent - for the most part the entry model give you everything you need - unlike the horror of spending a fortune on a very small memory card for Playstations.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

libellule said:

because if the problem is unknow then there is no problem

it is like RRoD : if you already bought the console, then YOU are fucked but, what matters, is that your money is on MS wallet ... so no problem for MS

what matters is MS, not you.

How many Arcade user are aware of this problem ? not many ==> so no problem !

Your RRoD analogy is stupid. If it wasn't a problem for MS, they wouldn't have lost over a billion fixing consoles.

Perhaps MS could have slapped a disclaimer on each package saying a HDD is required for online co-op campaign. WIth that logic, Sony should slap a sticker on every PS3 box saying, "Does not play PS2 games anymore." We don't want any consumers confused.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Reasonable said:

No, I think that's different - and worse!  The memory cards were a simple (but hugely effective) way of getting money after the initial console sale and it was a quite deliberate policy.

What I'm talking about here is having different console versions where the entry model isn't fully enabled for all games.  With the PS1/PS2 you're talking a deliberate and upfront seperate save memory store approach.

It's a fine split between the two but I believe they're different.  The 360 issue is pretty infrequent - for the most part the entry model give you everything you need - unlike the horror of spending a fortune on a very small memory card for Playstations.

Well the PS2 Slim removed hard drive support.

God forbid you bought a PS2 Slim and wanted to play a game that made use of the hard drive.

Recently Completed

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Reasonable said:

God forbid you bought a PS2 Slim and wanted to play a game that made use of the hard drive.

I have a PS2 since Nov 2000 and over 250 games. None of them made use of the hard drive

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-15-ms-working-to-resolve-reach-co-op-issue

Microsoft has reassured Halo: Reach fans that it's trying to fix an issue that prevents 4GB Xbox 360 owners from playing Reach's campaign cooperatively, Eurogamer has been told.

Cthulhu said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Reasonable said:

I have a PS2 since Nov 2000 and over 250 games. None of them made use of the hard drive

I assume none of your 250 titles was FFXI.

It was primarily used in Japan. The link below shows every game that used it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2_Expansion_Bay

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Cthulhu said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Reasonable said:

I assume none of your 250 titles was FFXI.

It was primarily used in Japan. The link below shows every game that used it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2_Expansion_Bay

Final Fantasy XI is the only North American game truly dependent on the HDD as it requires various patches and upgrades from Square Enix

Yes I do not own this. Every other game in the list uses the hard drive to reduce loading times with optional installs

So its one game....not of a big deal dont you think?

Cthulhu said:

Final Fantasy XI is the only North American game truly dependent on the HDD as it requires various patches and upgrades from Square Enix

Yes I do not own this. Every other game in the list uses the hard drive to reduce loading times with optional installs

So its one game....not of a big deal dont you think?

I wasn't making a big deal out of it. I just mentioned it.

Are you in defense mode or something?

Fun fact!

Recently Completed