By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one liking the Voice acting in Metroid Other M?

I'm not sure if it is a industry bandwagon thing or what but it is no surprise that there are very few if any that would say that Samus' voice acting is good.  Well, I for one am enjoying it.  I think that it fits very well with what I would think of her.  I mean, to think that Samus spends here entire time alone in space with no one else, don't you think that she would spend a lot of that time thinking and contemplating things?  That why I think the "rambling" or extra words she uses to describe simple situations so far in the game are fitting for what I would expect from her.  I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think they captured her just right.  Also, this crap about taking orders and how stupid that is and all the feminist crying foul, I mean, is it not ok to think that maybe she just has that much respect for the federation that she decided to "work" with them for honor's sake.  What do you guys think?

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

The main characters in Other M don't bother me, except maybe for Melissa. Samus was well done, even if it wasn't what I expected

I'm with you, man.  Other M rocks.  I'm actually scared for Samus's safety and wonder if she can survive some of the stuff being thrown at her because now, she actually seems like a person.  Of course, like Batman in the Arkham Asylum game, there's nothing she can't handle.  But yeah.  I like the voice acting.  It's not Mass Effect or anything but it works well enough.

--I don't know where to add this so I figure this thread is as good a place as any:

I'm now 34 years old.  I've served in the United States Air Force.  I've been a Sheriff's Deputy and a Police Officer.  I'm proficient with firearms (perfect score, last evaluation!), I've learned moderation skills, defensive tactics, and several times, when my department has conducted drug raids, I was the first person in or the person that kicked in the door.  I've been in situations that scared the shit out of me.  I've gone on some crazy calls by myself and survived.  I don't think there's anything that I can't handle (it's what I tell myself, anyway.).

There are still people that I see from when I was in high school that make me revert to an awkward 14 year old with no confidence.  I don't know why that is.  All of my confidence seems to leave me.  In my current job, I ask people for advice in situations that I could handle by myself in three seconds if I was by myself.  It's strange.  So, in a way, I relate to Samus.  Here is a woman that has done some amazing things and yet, when she gets around her old boss, she takes a step backwards.  From experience, it's totally realistic.  Somebody out there knows what I mean.

The backlash against it has nothing to do with the quality of voice acting. It always fine - sometimes great. Some can't deal with a talking Samus, let alone a more realistic Samus.  

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

the voice acting is fine its just that she overexplains every little situation

It's the quality of the writing that's poor, and that has a knock on effect on the voice acting. At times, Samus' voice actor does a great job. When she gets to some of the monologues though, she becomes quite stilted and boring, and that's down to what she has to work with. Overall I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the voice acting. A step up from what was in Prime 3, but definitely not up to the mark of Bioware's games.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

The backlash against it has nothing to do with the quality of voice acting. It always fine - sometimes great. Some can't deal with a talking Samus, let alone a more realistic Samus.  

Some of the backlash does have to do with the quality of voice acting, which frequently isn't up to par (but then I've been playing a lot of BioWare recently)

The voice work is passable to decent, the real problem is the script.  WTF Treehouse?!  It's like I'm playing a Resident Evil game or something? :/

I just loved it every second...

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!