By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD BO Will Be The1st In The Franchise To Have Two Player Splitscreen MP

Barozi said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

A sad first for the franchise. How many years does splitscreen exist? One, two? 

Actually no, the 360 version of Call of Duty 3 provides splitscreen online multiplayer

Ahh, you beat me to it. I loved COD3, even though many consider it to be the worst COD. There was nothing like sitting next to someone on a couch and be playing online MP with that person while One would drive the motorcycle and the other would sit in the sidecar shooting.

OT; SO I am confused as to whether or not there is online split screen multiplayer in Black Ops, as that would be awesome.

I am not sure any game on the PS3 has done that, since multiple logins are not allowed... are they?

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network
ultraslick said:
Barozi said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Actually no, the 360 version of Call of Duty 3 provides splitscreen online multiplayer

Ahh, you beat me to it. I loved COD3, even though many consider it to be the worst COD. There was nothing like sitting next to someone on a couch and be playing online MP with that person while One would drive the motorcycle and the other would sit in the sidecar shooting.

OT; SO I am confused as to whether or not there is online split screen multiplayer in Black Ops, as that would be awesome.

I am not sure any game on the PS3 has done that, since multiple logins are not allowed... are they?

Well Warkawk and Resistance 2 support that as well AFAIK.

But in the case of R2 I think it was only for the online co-op and not the normal multiplayer.

Barozi said:
ultraslick said:
Barozi said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Well Warkawk and Resistance 2 support that as well AFAIK.

But in the case of R2 I think it was only for the online co-op and not the normal multiplayer.

Yeah Resistance only kindo of did it. But I forgot about Warhawk, I believe Warhawk handled it by just puting numbers after the username, so when I play with a friend (split screen online) it would say Ultraslick, and then Ultraslick (1). Is this right?

If that is the case, that is how Black Ops would probably handle the situation for the PS3. It is exactly this situation, and when playing LBP that I crave the ability to have multiple PSN logins on the same system. This way 2 people could earn trophies simultaneously on the same system.

Thats all a little bit off topic though. Bots are cool and all, and I expect COD BO to have them, but does anyone know for sure if it will have split screen online multiplayer as well ?    (sorry if that question has already been answered)

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:
Barozi said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

i believe they are, in resistance 2 you can load the second profile and log in, you just need an extra user with psn. same with lbp i believe, it is just you cant get trophies i believe

ultraslick said:
Barozi said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

they are resistance 2 and LBP features it

Around the Network

So, there will be no split screen online?

For a second there, thought I would be forced to get this game... split screen online would seal the deal, even if I'd rather not buy any more CoD. I guess Halo is still the only go-to game.

yes theres split screen for online MP and PS3 games do allow for multiple PSN ids borderlands and R2 are some R2 got a patch this year for it

EP says “Yes, you can play splitscreen on the combat training mode and on MP (multiplayer).”

and theres coop but not in the main story like WaW

Single Player Campaign (ONE player only)
Co-Op Campaign (up to 4 players)
Co-Op Mode ((maybe be Zombies or something else) up to 4 players)
Combat Training (up to 4 players)
Multiplayer (up to 18)

the only promblem see is that it could be just 360 only as thats the only footage ive seen from it in countless vids and the recent MS activision deals but i doubt it

Play Me

more details

We have some great news to bring you now, as it has been confirmed that split-screen online multiplayer on one console is an included feature in the upcoming Call of Duty Black Ops title.

As reported from CallofDutyFAQ.com, some new screenshots obtained has confirmed that split-screen multiplayer will be available, although specific details on how it will work haven’t been mentioned yet.

First of all, we have to say well done to Treyarch for adding this in. Split-screen online on one console is a feature which is rarely used on both the Xbox 360 or PS3, so it will be perfect when you have a friend round and he wants to get in on the action at the same time – no more controller switching, yes!

How will the feature work though, as opposed to XP build up and other things such as unlocks? The ideal solution would be to allow the second player to log in with his own PSN ID or GamerTag, so any XP he unlocks would add to the total on his usual console.

However, it might not happen. It seems more easier for Microsoft to implement this on the Xbox 360 than PS3, but Sony has infact used this feature in the past. It is available in LittleBigPlanet 2, Mod Nation Racers and was also available on Resistance 2, although the second player logged in as (John1) for example, and didn’t rank up at all.

Hopefully we will get the full package and the second player will be allowed to log in to their unique account, but we’ll have to wait and see what Treyarch has in store. We can’t be greedy though. Just having the ability to play with a friend online on one console will be enough for most I’m sure.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/09/13/cod-black-ops-how-will-split-screen-multiplayer-online-work/

Play Me