By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix Boss Gets Death Threats Over Xbox 360 FF13

The Sony Defense Force is not a joke. We are out there and we will find you.

Around the Network

Those people are not SE fans. They're SONY fanboys.

Did anyone threaten to kill the CEO od Square when they jumped from Nintendo?

I LOVE ICELAND!

4lc0h0l said:
dtewi said:

People need to get laid.

HARD.

So true

QFT

KungKras said:

Those people are not SE fans. They're SONY fanboys.

Did anyone threaten to kill the CEO od Square when they jumped from Nintendo?

Probably.  The internet wasn't as big back then to really know.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

The_God_of_War said:

The Sony Defense Force is not a joke. We are out there and we will find yo

We know, a good amount of members already admitted plans to riot oustide SE Japan's main office.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

wow! well  he did lie

SE has deserved it, though I'm not sure if there's a single person to blame. Anyway, if they constantly lie to us and then suddenly "change their mind", it's not very good publicity. Or course you could argue that all publicity is good... But I wouldn't necessarily say so.

It's fine if they tell the truth, or at least don't lie even if they don't tell the truth, but lying is what's bad. "No current plans" isn't a very bad way to say it, though I don't like it. But it's much better than "no plans now, tomorrow or ever" or anything similar.

Zkuq said:

SE has deserved it, though I'm not sure if there's a single person to blame. Anyway, if they constantly lie to us and then suddenly "change their mind", it's not very good publicity. Or course you could argue that all publicity is good... But I wouldn't necessarily say so.

It's fine if they tell the truth, or at least don't lie even if they don't tell the truth, but lying is what's bad. "No current plans" isn't a very bad way to say it, though I don't like it. But it's much better than "no plans now, tomorrow or ever" or anything similar.

I don't know about deserving it, but I know Konami really got under my skin a while back. Being a huge Silent Hill fan, I bought a PSP 2000 for one game and one game alone, and that was Silent Hill Origins.  I had beaten the game once on the PSP to later read the news that Konami was releasing a PS2 version.  I was livid that if I had known, I would have saved the money buying the PSP and accessories to wait for the PS2 version instead.  But Konami never said that there was never going to be a PS2 version or it was a PSP exclusive.  SE on the other hand did make several statements that they back peddled on so fanbase animosity is fairly understandable.  While that is on top of what I believe is a straying from what made a franchise great.  So it makes it harder to put forth hope in something that was once great.  With the exception of Dragon Warrior (and that's the Enix side), SE just isn't worth it anymore.  Hey... Wasn't Wada president of Enix before the SquareEnix merge?  Maybe Wada is trying to destroy the Final Fantasy franchise.  Hmmm...

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Strong stuff.

Take my love, take my land..

Jordahn said:
Zkuq said:

Maybe Wada is trying to destroy the Final Fantasy franchise.  Hmmm...

Or maybe he is clever enough to know that supporting a console that is 3rd in sales with exclusivity for games is company suicide?