By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - There is some humanity left in the Helghast...

I think this was just their mating call. Both females rejected, sadly.

Around the Network
IMU1808 said:
Ajescent said:

I always assumed the Helgans were the good guys no?

They're not bad but they are somewhat corrupt. ISA soldiers consider themselves the good guys but the top guys and leaders of the ISA, like the helghast, aren't exactly saints and they know it.

In Killzone 2, the helghast fit the "Good guy" category a lot better than the ISA I would say though.

nuking your own city is considered good?

J.a.M said:
IMU1808 said:
Ajescent said:

I always assumed the Helgans were the good guys no?

They're not bad but they are somewhat corrupt. ISA soldiers consider themselves the good guys but the top guys and leaders of the ISA, like the helghast, aren't exactly saints and they know it.

In Killzone 2, the helghast fit the "Good guy" category a lot better than the ISA I would say though.

nuking your own city is considered good?

Errr... well... uuhhh... Good through a large portion of the game.

almost looked... REAL

Claiming the Helghast are "good" is about the same as claiming the Nazi's actions were totally justifiable given how the Germans were screwed in the aftermath fo WWI.

It's still a totalitarian regime that had no issue executing innocent civilians during the invasion of Vekta and later killing hundreds of thousands of its own civilians when it turned its very own capital city into a nuclear wasteland.

I would argue that in the grand scheme of things, the Helghast could be seen as the side to support (totally dicked over by the UCA, Vekta taken away from them, forced to flee to the desolate wasteland of Helghan to attain any sense of freedom), but in the near term the ISA would better fit the role of protaganists, given their handling of this latest war.   Of course, the invasion of Helghan and the motives behind it are quite questionable, so while they could be seen as good guys during Killzone 1, it'd be hard to still make that case by the end of Killzone 2. 

This is something they definitely tried to get across in Killzone 2, but failed miserably at, imo.  You could see it throughout the last half of the game, when Sev was giving off a very "why the fuck are we even here?" attitude.  His sullen look when sitting on the steps of Visari's Palace at the end of the game really drove that point home.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

Claiming the Helghast are "good" is about the same as claiming the Nazi's actions were totally justifiable given how the Germans were screwed in the aftermath fo WWI.

It's still a totalitarian regime that had no issue executing innocent civilians during the invasion of Vekta and later killing hundreds of thousands of its own civilians when it turned its very own capital city into a nuclear wasteland.

I would argue that in the grand scheme of things, the Helghast could be seen as the side to support (totally dicked over by the UCA, Vekta taken away from them, forced to flee to the desolate wasteland of Helghan to attain any sense of freedom), but in the near term the ISA would better fit the role of protaganists, given their handling of this latest war.   Of course, the invasion of Helghan and the motives behind it are quite questionable, so while they could be seen as good guys during Killzone 1, it'd be hard to still make that case by the end of Killzone 2. 

This is something they definitely tried to get across in Killzone 2, but failed miserably at, imo.  You could see it throughout the last half of the game, when Sev was giving off a very "why the fuck are we even here?" attitude.  His sullen look when sitting on the steps of Visari's Palace at the end of the game really drove that point home.

dude... did you even watch the video....... >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

they should make a Killzone MMORPG or RPG, that'd be so sick

White space nazis can't dance.

NiKKoM said:
makingmusic476 said:

dude... did you even watch the video....... >_>

I was replying to Ajescent and IMU lol.