By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite platformer?

Considering the fact that platformers are probably one of the best genres in video games, I thought this would be a fun thread.

I particularly like Crash Bandicoot, Mario, and Ratchet and Clank, but my definite favorite is Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.

The controls in that game were utterly perfect, nothing was flawed at all and the setting was an open world. You could walk from one end of the world to the other without any loading times. The level design was brilliant and it was pure fun. The only gripe I had was the music wasn't memorable at all, but that's not a dealbreaker. 

And not to mention that this game was actually funny, not some forced awkward humor.

I was absolutely horrified when I played the sequel. It was like some terrible Grand Theft Auto/Ratchet and Clank hybrid mutant. But that's off-topic.

Anyway, you?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Mario 64. I mean... this game does have nostalgic interference... as it was the first 3D game I ever played. But I play it every year or two still. I love the level designs.

Super Mario World, and Super Mario Bros are my next favorites. Followed by Earthworm Jim

I enjoy ratchet and clank, jak and daxter and little big planet... and all the new marios after 64 but don't really love them.

Super Mario Bros. 3, not only my favorite platformer but hands down my favorite game, ever.

The original few Crash games were brilliant, Mario of course is alsways awesome in my book, and Oddworld always made me smile because it was so different than other games in the genre.

wait I forgot Conkers Bad Fur Day. That's my second favorite then.

Around the Network

I enjoyed the whole Jak series, but Jak 1 was my favourite as a pure platformer, Jak 3 was my favourite game

Super Mario World is the best platformer evar

followed by DKCR

In terms of 3D Ratchet and Clank : A crack in time is amazing......platformer of gen for me...even better than SMG2!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Munkeh111 said:

I enjoyed the whole Jak series, but Jak 1 was my favourite as a pure platformer, Jak 3 was my favourite game

This 100%

My favourite platformer of all time is a tie between Super Mario World and Sonic 2. Both had amazing level designs and were pretty long. 

This gen, i've got to say that while SMG2 still retains the spot as best platformer to me, R&C: A Crack in Time was also a superb experience. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

The two Super Mario Galaxy games