By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 20 Best Selling New IPs of 2010

IS RDR not a new IP?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Wii Party???

It would be topping the list if released WW. 8 weeks of Wii Party WW would blow Heavy Rain away and rightly so.

Are we considering it a sequel to Mario Party or Wii Play or something? I hope it's not the old 'Wii ...... are all the same IP' crap.

Wii Party is part of the Wii Series.

FIFA 10 and FIFA World Cup 2010 are the same FIFA IP.

Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Rising are the same Metal Gear IP.

Halo 3 and Halo Wars are the same Halo IP.

If you want to include Wii Series games into lists like this. Get Nintendo to think of a new name for the games.

We just Blue Shelled your idea.

I don't get the whole "Wii Series" business.  What does Wii Fit have to do with Wii Music?  It's available on the Wii?  I guess Super Mario World, Super Scope 6, Super Tennis and Super Play Action Football were all the same series because they were all part of the Snes's "Super Series"  I guess Pilotwings 64, Kirby 64, and Mario 64 were all part of the "64 series"?  I'm not going to change anybody's stance on this but c'mon.  You all KNOW this is what Nintendo does with their systems.  Snes games were "Super", GBA games were "Advance", DS games were "DS", N64 games were "64", and Wii games are "Wii". 

But go ahead and ignore Nintendo.  You know the truth.

townzy89 said:

IS RDR not a new IP?

It's amazing that nobody noticed this but you!!

d21lewis said:
townzy89 said:

IS RDR not a new IP?

I may be wrong, but i'm fairly sure its not a new IP, Rockstar bought the IP rights from some other company who made a a Red Dead game already, but I'm not positive.

d21lewis said:
townzy89 said:

IS RDR not a new IP?

Haha yeah i was like what the hell where is Red Dead? but didnt want to make an ass of myself if it is not a new IP. ah Red Dead Revolver i just looked it up i knew i thought it sounded familiar when it came out, but is this a sequel to it???

anywho RDR did very well.

Around the Network

Is this thread broken?

d21lewis said:
townzy89 said:

IS RDR not a new IP?

This question was asked and answered in a previous post. Red Dead Redemption is a sequal to Red Dead Revolver.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

patjuan32 said:
d21lewis said:
townzy89 said:

IS RDR not a new IP?

This question was asked and answered in a previous post. Red Dead Redemption is a sequal to Red Dead Revolver.

I know.  It was asked several times, in fact.  I just wanted to boost the little guy's confidence.  You outta be ashamed of yourself--shattering the man's ego like that!

Er, Dance on Broadway isn't a new IP really... it's part of Ubi's Dance series.  I'd actually say that's similar to the Wii Party dust up earlier in the thread, if DoB counts, Wii Party probably should too then. :/

I'd also be wary of including IPs based on establsihed properties, like Dante's Inferno, ZhuZhu Pets or that Disney Dragon thing.  Not exactly "New IP" there at all...

Too bad Xenoblade won't release until 2011 in the west, it could've made this list easy imo.  I bet Ninokuni makes top 5. <3

So what are the New IP's coming out during the holiday season that might be big/good sellers?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"