By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 20 Best Selling New IPs of 2010

Shorty11857 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Wii Party???

It would be topping the list if released WW. 8 weeks of Wii Party WW would blow Heavy Rain away and rightly so.

Are we considering it a sequel to Mario Party or Wii Play or something? I hope it's not the old 'Wii ...... are all the same IP' crap.

Honestly I'd class the Wii series as a franchise I mean it basically is, and I'm not trying to sell it short it's probably the most successful IP of all time but I just don 't consider each new game to be a new IP. Similarly any Kinect titled games that don't come out on launch day won't be counted and I won't be counting any titles similar to Mario vs Sonic either, I know it's  a little strict and probably not 100% right but I'm trying to make it a list of purely new IPs

I agree, the Wii ___ games are definately an IP, and arguably a franchise.

Certainly not a series of games though like say Final Fantasy.

I think you are wrong to exclude something like Mario & Sonic though, (not that anything like that is coming out anyway, but for arguments sake) just because it has the same characters in as others doesn't mean it is joint IP (an IP would be something trademarked/copyrighted... the Mario & Sonic games are definately their own IP)

Around the Network

Nice work Shorty.

As said, Ps3 dominated. Wonder will we get some sleeper hits on holidays?

Take my love, take my land..

How the fuck is Dante's Inferno a new IP?  It's been in the public domain for about a millennium, give or take a century.

CGI-Quality said:
Simulacrum said:

Nice work Shorty.

As said, Ps3 dominated. Wonder will we get some sleeper hits on holidays?

Probably Vanquish and/or Enslaved.

I watched the gameplay of Enslaved and it feels like Uncharted with a twist of Prince of Perisa. I think it's great.

Grimes: Yeah I can definitely see where you're coming from, I'll most likely continue this list until a bit into 2011 at least until it's possible to start a list for that year

TWRo0: I can see your point and yeah if a game like that comes out this year I'll probably include, are there any though?

The Ghost Of: In terms of gaming it is pretty much a new IP, while it is based on...inspired...ripping off kinda Inferno, I wouldn't really class it as being exempt from being a new IP in game terms but if people think it shouldn't be on the list, for that reason, not because you don't like it then I'll remove it

I'll probably update this list when the America and Japan charts are out, Alpha Protocol looks like it should move up

Around the Network

Update:

Nothing has moved up or down in the list this week and no games hit major milestones so I won't bothering updating the numbers

Next week How to Train Your Dragon should move up to 19th,  Sniper might move up to 12th and Nier might drop to 14th. Dance On Broadway could be moving up to 17th too

But this week nothing

This week:

Sniper: Ghost Warrior moves up from 14 to 12th
Dance on Broadway moves up from 18 to 17th
and How to Train Your Dragon moves up from 20th to 19th

Art Academy looks like it'll be moving into the top 20 next week

Sad sales if you ask me.

CGI-Quality said:
Wagram said:

Sad sales if you ask me.

What makes them sad?

So friggin low! The highest new selling IP is barely over 1.4M units.

CGI-Quality said:
Wagram said:
CGI-Quality said:
Wagram said:

Sad sales if you ask me.

What makes them sad?

So friggin low! The highest new selling IP is barely over 1.4M units.

Look at it from a different perspective, the highest new IP on there wasn't even expected clear 500,000 by most. In it's case, it's hardly sad. But this is what I try to tell people, HUGE sellers are hit and miss. Many games won't sell much more than 2 mill, which isn't bad really. It's just that hitting that gold is never a guaranteed thing.

Yeah I have to agree with you on this CGI, I don't think any new IPs released this year were expected to be blockbusters, excluding Alan Wake and Blur, especially Blur. Not many games really underperformed that much and Heavy Rain especially was well above what anyone expected