By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Useful feature table for motion control offers

Given what we already knew before and all the news we had lately about how the newer devices work (or don't) we can now make a useful feature table:

Feature/Device

WiiMote WM Plus PS Move Kinect
Works Yes Yes Yes Sometimes
Works better No Yes Yes R U joking?
Sucks No No No Often

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

I loled!

I'm really quite excited to try out Kinect, even if it does look a bit hit and miss at times

MrT-Tar said:

I loled!

I'm really quite excited to try out Kinect, even if it does look a bit hit and miss at times

IMVHO, jokes apart, there are basicly 3 issues about Kinect: 1) cutting HW processing to cut costs, MS limited the current implementation's possibilities (but they could increase on future more powerful consoles), so a more careful tweaking of the SW part becomes necessary; 2) given the current limitations and unsolved flaws, MS should test and debug longer before releasing it, otherwise it risks damaging K's image very seriously; 3) avoiding trying to make it work for things it's really not suitable for and concentrating on things it can do well could OTOH improve K's image a lot.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

kinect seems like the best option

-

Well here's the only problem with the chart. Yes, Microsoft is taking a big risk with Kinect, however, you can't just write crap about it. Here's a few facts off of many opinions. Kinect is good for these reasons: You are the controller, scans stuff, talks to you, etc. Kinect is bad for these reasons: Expensive, Unknown at the moment (blame that on Microsoft for not advertising it more), You have to stand, Games are SPECIFICALLY for it, and much more. See? Those are PROVEN opinions. The only question, is Kinect not in the right generation of gaming, or are we not ready for it?

bobsmith1013, PS3 

bobsmith1013

Around the Network

You know there are gonna be a bunch of people that take this seriously!

Cover yourself!

For added flame, you should have had powerglove right besides kinect. 

Jokes aside, I just can't take Kinect seriously at all. Believe me, I've tried. I've watched video after video and I can't shake the fact that you NEED buttons for certain things (for now anyways). Like the Harry Potter Kinect game for instance. HP is walking around while the player flicks his wrist to cast spells, but how is he moving? He's not marching in place to make the character move... So I am to assume it's more or less on-rails with an extremely forgiving auto-aim? Pretty much.

Sure you can ditch your controller for your Forza racing (for 150 big ones), but it doesn't let you accelerate! So how is that racing?

Not very exciting.

On the other hand, PS Move has shown its capability in its tech demoes, is pretty cheap for blokes like me who have the camera already, and already has several games compatible with it before it's even out! Makes it easy for me to try it out, and if it's not what it's cracked up to be then I didn't waste very much money!

I survived the Apocalyps3

yo_john117 said:

You know there are gonna be a bunch of people that take this seriously!

*Whistles innocently*