By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Useful feature table for motion control offers

Updated feature table:

Feature/Device Wiimote WM Plus PS Move Kinect Power Glove
Works Yes Yes Yes Sometimes No
Works Better No Yes Yes R U Joking? No
Sucks No No No Often No
Is Bad No No No No It's so bad

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
famousringo said:

Updated feature table:

Sucks No No No Often No

GHAHAHAHHA epic!  I love the Power Glove.  It only works for Super Glove Ball, which is amazing.  The Ricochet demo for Kinect is basically a casualized simplified version of that 20 year old game.

It doesn't matter which control option works best, it's all to do with the software and Nintendo and Sony look to be the ones with more of that right now for my tastes. All of Nintendo's and Sony's core franchises using the Wii Remote/Move helps with that obviously and Microsoft lacking support for their biggest franchises works against them in that respect. 

I'm actually looking forward to Move now because I'll be in possession of a 63 inch 3DTV soon ^_^ Motion control 3D will be awesome for games like KZ3 :)

famousringo said:

Updated feature table:

Sucks No No No Often No

Power Glove > All!

As for me, well I already have a Wiimote (and WM Plus), so I'm not going to bother getting another one (Move). Kinect has some posibilities, but I'll definitely wait to see what they can do with it before I consider buying one.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

iWarMachine said:
yo_john117 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
yo_john117 said:

You know there are gonna be a bunch of people that take this seriously!

*Whistles innocently*   

I'm surprised not even 1 person has taken this seriously yet!!  There may be hope for Vgchartz yet

compared to other gaming sites, VGChartz is gaming heaven...

seriously, at least here we can have decent discussion between us, and bet about them! check out GameTrailers, the site it's pure shit.

gametrailers is a pretty good site.

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
MrT-Tar said:

I loled!

I'm really quite excited to try out Kinect, even if it does look a bit hit and miss at times

IMVHO, jokes apart, there are basicly 3 issues about Kinect: 1) cutting HW processing to cut costs, MS limited the current implementation's possibilities (but they could increase on future more powerful consoles), so a more careful tweaking of the SW part becomes necessary; 2) given the current limitations and unsolved flaws, MS should test and debug longer before releasing it, otherwise it risks damaging K's image very seriously; 3) avoiding trying to make it work for things it's really not suitable for and concentrating on things it can do well could OTOH improve K's image a lot.

The bigger problem is extremly limited amount of things you can do with it to control games. You have gestures, you can balance your body, you have voice input and that's all.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

It'll be funny if someone retro-programmes Kinect to use the Move controller. Like how someone got the Wiimote to work with the PS3. Course it won't be able to use the all the motion sensing inside the Move, but the glowing ball is all the Kinect will need.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

oldschoolfool said:
iWarMachine said:
yo_john117 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
yo_john117 said:

You know there are gonna be a bunch of people that take this seriously!

*Whistles innocently*   

I'm surprised not even 1 person has taken this seriously yet!!  There may be hope for Vgchartz yet

compared to other gaming sites, VGChartz is gaming heaven...

seriously, at least here we can have decent discussion between us, and bet about them! check out GameTrailers, the site it's pure shit.

gametrailers is a pretty good site.

enter to the forums, a flamewar EACH day...and i'm there since 2007!

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Alby_da_Wolf said:
MrT-Tar said:

I loled!

I'm really quite excited to try out Kinect, even if it does look a bit hit and miss at times

IMVHO, jokes apart, there are basicly 3 issues about Kinect: 1) cutting HW processing to cut costs, MS limited the current implementation's possibilities (but they could increase on future more powerful consoles), so a more careful tweaking of the SW part becomes necessary; 2) given the current limitations and unsolved flaws, MS should test and debug longer before releasing it, otherwise it risks damaging K's image very seriously; 3) avoiding trying to make it work for things it's really not suitable for and concentrating on things it can do well could OTOH improve K's image a lot.

I tend to agree with that, also IMVHO.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Locking (flamebait thread, had multiple complaints)