By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - God Didn't Create Universe

Highwaystar did you stop playing games all together? I only see in the off topic section lol.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Highwaystar did you stop playing games all together? I only see in the off topic section lol.

Yeah, I stopped playing games ages ago.

I still play Football manager. But the other day I dusted off Age of empires and I have a hankering to play A link to the past after seeing Scott Pilgrim vs the world last night. But yeah, I've stopped playing video games.

highwaystar101 said:
Slimebeast said:

I still play Football manager. But the other day I dusted off Age of empires and I have a hankering to play A link to the past after seeing Scott Pilgrim vs the world last night. But yeah, I've stopped playing video games.

Why? Don't you want to have fun in life??

Slimebeast said:
highwaystar101 said:
Slimebeast said:

I have plenty of fun, it just doesn't involve video games any more I'm afraid. I come here to check off topic because I like the mix for people we have here.

The human race, after so many thousand years, hasn't been able to find any deep meaning to life, so man conforts himself with the idea there is something that gives importance to it all and , although quite unexplainable and misterious,  he exists for a "greater purpose". It's only natural we as living beings don't "like" the idea of our existance coming to an end. Every time I go to a funeral I can't help thinking "this is why people believe in God". It's just too painful to lose your loved ones, and it's even more distressing to think one day you will return to the nothingness you were in before you were born. That's why people want to believe in the soul and the next life and whatever. When this discussions about the existance of God are brought up, not many people stop for a second to think about "hey, it's only possible that even if there was a "God/Creator" that doesn't automatically confirm we have souls and will continue to exist forever in eternity". But I guess that discussion is for another thread.

I do think it's about time humans realize there is nothing as a "greater purpose". We are here to live and preserve life, protect our legacy, achieve unity within ourselves and everyone. We should as well, hopefully some day and somehow, expand our race throughout the galaxy, but that's a goal we won't reach if we can't find real peace in this world first. We are indeed cavemen. We live in a world were we can't accept each other, where life is still meaningless and its taken as a whim, where poverty reigns over most countries, and we continue to destroy out habitat at a alarming rate. If there was a God as the one taught by so many religions he would have discarded the human race so long ago and would've started Earth 2.0. Maybe we can get to Earth 2.0, who knows, but I think first and foremost we humans most learn to appreciate life right now. Religion is not evil  by any means, but it's not enough by itself and brings about too many disputes and confusion. We have to learn to be humanists. No prejudice, no life in this planet is meaningless and we certainly don't need myths and Gods to give it any meaning and have a purpose.

Around the Network

God being reduced to nothing but the lighter of touch paper isn't worth discussing.

highwaystar101 said:
Slimebeast said:
highwaystar101 said:
Slimebeast said:

I have plenty of fun, it just doesn't involve video games any more I'm afraid. I come here to check off topic because I like the mix for people we have here.

So what do u like to do in your free time?

highwaystar101 said:
Slimebeast said:
highwaystar101 said:
Slimebeast said:

You are the chosen one (I knew this when you survived being bitten in the ass by an alligator).  You exist outside of reality (aka the console war).  In your unbiased opinion, who wins: PS3 or 360?  Your choice will decide the victor.  Aaaaand.......GO~

Slimebeast said:

The universe created itself from nothing because Steve Hawking said so.

god created the universe beause the bible said so?

finalrpgfantasy said:
Slimebeast said:

The universe created itself from nothing because Steve Hawking said so.

god created the universe beause the bible said so?

Make your pick.