By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Many Types of Gamers: Which Are You?

The Competitive Gamer

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

i would classify myself as a veteran/ all rounder/ collector. Veteran as in my first machine's where C64 and Amiga from there just about every mainstream console and hand held known to man, All rounder in that i like games from just about all genres some more than others granted but i don't buy games based on genre , Collector because i own approx 2,000 games and tend to keep about 90% of the games i have purchased over the years.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I'm an all around/competitive gamer.

"Verily, on the Day of Judgement, your deeds will be brought back to you, as if you yourself were the creator of your own punishment."

The All Rounder

I'm more of a all rounder leaning more toward classic and competative... siince the start of this gen, I started being a casual gamer due to insufficient funds. '>_>

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network

The One That Thinks Platformers and RPGs Are The Best Genres

Oh, and an Ethical Gamer I suppose. I never ever use cheats or glitches to help me in a game. I was even revolted for using cheap tactics to beat Seymour Flux in FFX.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Hephaestos said:

I'm a collector : I buy way more games that I can play... I need to have the best of them in my collection... steam is a blessing for that too.

so really, i'm a collector/all rounder/ 8-16bit nostalgic  and will buy any nintendo console....

Except for the Steam part, this sounds like me. I collect consoles and games anymore. I'll probably never get around to playing half of them, but I can't tell you which half, because I can choose to play a game at a whim.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

I am whichever kind makes me better than all of you.

Seriously, I would say I am an All-Rounder.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I'm an all-rounder, completionist and retro appreciator. I love to get back to the classics when I get the chance.

I survived the Apocalyps3

Sephiroth357 said:

I've become a casual gamer during this past year.

me too because of my kids